Last minute Allen Robinson rumors

Same. It’s WR and defense for me. The entire defense needs an infusion of talent. At every level. But they need a real WR

1 Like

A guy like skye Moore who this forum is slobbing over could fall to 66. He reminds me of ARSB in terms of the hype and where he actually ended up. Maybe it’s hopeful. But unless it’s a stud like George Pickens or Jameson or something I’d rather not just take a Wr for the heck of it if we sign ARob. Better to take one you love each year and develop him. ESP if you have a veteran #1 who can ease the pressure.

I agree

Shocked if they dont sign AR. That tatto at that spot would be painful to take off.

[quote=“DefendTheDen, post:6, topic:14763, full:true”]

Cool tat!..but this guy had an even bigger and more spectacular tat and we didn’t pay him either.

1 Like

Meanwhile the Rams committed to a 36 year old offensive tackle during the first year of their rebuild.

3 Likes

A left tackle, a good left tackle, is rarer and more important then a wr. It is a poor comparison.

People would lose their shit if we did that.

1 Like

If Holmes signs these 2 I’ll be impressed, this team lacks playmakers, and he we’ll have added 2. Both guys are difference makers. He solidifys 2 weeknesses on this team with playmakers.

People SHOULD lose their shit if we pay big bucks for a 29 year old wr in year 2 of a rebuild.

2 Likes

Or a 36 year old offensive tackle.

1 Like

Why exactly?

Because he might not be around when we win championships, ideally?

So?

There is absolutely no problem with paying him right now. This team desperately needs talent at receiver and he is a bonafide WR1 in this league. He wants to play here and might even take a hometown discount.

If he stays good, then you have your WR1.

If his play declines, then at the end of his contract, you replace him. Not that difficult of a concept.

5 Likes

He is 28, turns 29 right before the season. He could easilly have 3+ years of legit #1 WR play.

If we pay him 20mil+ I could understand, but 15-16mil is not top of the market money.

To put it into perspective, Davante Adams, who is almost a full year older, is looking for 30mil a year. I understand Adams has a legit case that he is the best WR in the NFL. In two years, 15mil for a WR would be solid #2 WR money.

3 Likes

Because of the theory that you suck, suck, suck, suck, and the SUPER BOWL. That’s why we only want 16 year olds on the team.

The reality is that you need a mix of vets and young guns at all points. That’s how you break the losing cycle.

I’m not going to argue about ARob specifically or what his worth is, but I’ve got no problems with adding a vet to the WR corps. People underestimate the influence of cagey old dudes on the next wave.

4 Likes

We can contend next year. Green Bay is salary cap hell, Minnesota doesn’t have money and we almost beat them twice last year, bears are in a rebuilding mode. Get the right guys here and draft correct we could win 9 or 10 games

1 Like

I don’t disagree at all with any of this….and wr’s I have said would be better fits would also fit this description.

Rodgers is in Green Bay. If you set the expect too high and they don’t meet unrealistic expectations your gonna be mad.

I understand. I wouldn’t do it. I disagree w you on Allen Robinson.

1 Like

And that’s a completely acceptable and respectable point of view.

1 Like

I was aware of that when I said what I said. I guess we will find out soon enough what the lions will do…….