Let’s just dream a little…

Who? Levi? Dan said he couldn’t sit in a chair for meetings. That sounds like a hurt back to me.

I’d want to lean more towards sore than hurt …

If he was truly injured and hurt the NFL can investigate this….

1 Like

There are just certain players like that. Groundhog’s Day players where each year you expect big things and each year they get hurt like clockwork.

DeShawn Hand
Germaine Crowell
Charlie Batch
Louis Delmas
Jerry Ball (maybe)
Ryan Broyles
Kerryon Johnson
David Sloan
Bryant Westbrook?

It seems like we get a lot. Now its Okudah’s turn. Hopefully Jameson won’t be like that.

1 Like

Adam Levine Happy Dance GIF by Vevo

2 Likes

I don’t recall Ball and Westbrook being injury prone, as in, injured every year. Ball just had his knee taken out against the Jets late in the year in the 1991 season and missed the rest of the year. But he did comeback the following season before going to the Raiders and the Vikings. Westbrook had that Achilles injury late in the 2000 year…which was actually a break out season for him. But after that he was never the same.

2 Likes

Yeah its been too long with Ball. What could have been. I just remember Westbrook being injured a lot. There was a broken hand at one point. I remember he tore both Achilles, but was never the same after the first.

1 Like

Yet he played and was not on the injury report.
To me that’s soreness. Severe. Enough that he wanted to go get checked out in the preseason, but in the end, he’s building up muscle to support the job he’s on.

Bingo.

And the lighthearted nature of Coach Wash’s replies last season when discussing Levi’s early injury concerns.

So Fox is pretty much our only given…

1 Like

He was inconsistent as a rookie, but he did flash a few nice plays. Similar to Barnes really. The jury is still out, hopefully they both make a big jump in year 2.

We need way more of this. He just blows the right guard off the ball and into the QB’s face.

1 Like

When it comes to the big uglies, they do need a year or two to grow into their playing bodies. Skill positions can get away with being a little light, but it takes your linemen time to physically mature.

So before we worry about rookie linemen, let’s give them that time.

2 Likes

So you think we’re taking a year off from drafting big nasties next draft? To let these guys catch up?

Nope. I think we will be drafting for the trenches every year in some form. I don’t think this front office would neglect it.

Additionally, I think a nonproductive year two gets you to a state of on the bubble. These guys don’t seem the type to carry anyone for long.

1 Like

Sounds like you’re saying that he was hurt rather than injured.

1 Like

IF …they use him on Defense. For sure.

1 Like

Haha! All of us have it to varying degrees. So nice to have adults running the show now.

If they believe in Goff moving into next year…I want the monster DT.
If they don’t → QB

1 Like
  1. Would you be cool with trading our first 3 picks in ‘23 and a first in ‘24 to get our QB?

2. would you be willing to trade our 2 firsts to move up for the DT?

I’m going to explain this in great detail soon. I want to do a good job for you guys, and it might take more than “casual” energy. I may have to get focused to do it.

If we are all set at QB → Yes!
As I understand it, the best DT in this year’s draft is a flat out assassin that is guaranteed to go top 5.

Add him to what we have on the DL.
Take a RB with our next pick.
Win the division.

OMG that feels painful. Part of the reason I liked Willis so much. If he completely flops, we are out one pick. MASSIVE gamble to do that, IMO.

If you have to…ya have to
If it’s the difference between winning and losing ga SB…yes. Worth it.

1 Like

I agree, unless you are this guy!!

Football Flexing GIF by Detroit Lions

1 Like

This is I’m part, imho, the thinking on JW at 12……

1 Like