Let's have some predictions and why?

Wow, I hadn’t even thought about them being 0_10 on the road in the last 10 away from Detroit. That sucks, they need to end that shit quickly.

I’m thinking the sun God will be lucky to grab 5 catches tomorrow, they will have him in their sights like he hasn’t seen before. If Goff has a good game I think he will have to really spread it out.

Sun God has yet to play yet where the opposing D has totally concentrated on him as THE main offensive threat that needs to be focused on. This, I believe, will be his first experience in that situation and I think he will be in shock a bit. But that should definitely loosen up the heat on all the other guys Goff can involve.

Man I would love a win, oh man, I am hoping so bad that they just explode on the Viks.

I think the Sun God has been on everyone’s radar since about midway of last year. There’s no way a team has prepared for the Lions in the last 8 games and not been concerned with or hasn’t noticed St Brown’s production.

3 Likes

I’m expecting a close game that comes down to the last field goal. Although I hope we just blow them out.

I’m not sure how the Vikes take away Sun God AND stop our run game
They need to pick their poison
Either stack the box and let ARSB run wild
Or they bracket ASRB and our running game takes over
I don’t think they can stop the run without dedicating LB’s and even a safety

Also don’t forget Reynolds’s is capable of having a big game

1 Like

30 - 23 Lions. I don’t think Minny is going to handle our run game too well. It’s one thing to see it on film and quite another when guards and tackles are pulling and trapping. A good run game can go into a hostile arena and quiet the crowd. Then we can open up the playbook.

1 Like

We don’t have to sneak up on them. We will run it; they know we will run it, and we will smash them in the mouth. Then we’ll hit them deep.
Lions 38- Vikes 24

3 Likes

Hopefully they worked on some Goff-Hockenson routes this week. Goedert had some success last week against the Vikings and I think it’d be a good week for Hock to have a good game.

3 Likes

I am so 50/50. It’s almost a “trap game” which is weird to say about the Lions. Vikings have such a horrible run defense, you’d think just hand it off all game. But they have to keep it honest. So I agree with @SirLion this could be a very nice game for Hock to get a little more involved. Bring 7 or 8 in the box, Hock can find those early routes. Not to mention nice routes for the receivers with PA.

On the other hand as we know, Cousins is entirely different when he’s not in primetime. Seems like a stupid thing to say but I just heard a stat where for like his last 17-18 games that were at 1 pm, he put up Rodgers numbers from last year (which got him an MVP). Not to mention the semi-questionable secondary and I’d guess a very hungry JJ who excels in games after a disappointing one.

Throw in home crowd vs traveling Lions fans, coaching staffs, backups for injuries, etc.

Quite honestly, I just have no idea. But Lions will score 28 at the least. So I guess it’s up to Minny if they can’t do that or if they can beat it.

1 Like

I’m going 27-21 Lions. It just feels right for some reason. I feel like our O will struggle a bit more than we did in the 1st 2 games just because I feel like we’re due, but I also feel like it’ll be easier for us to score on them than for them to score on us. I’d call another 30 burger if we were at home, but we’re not, and Jefferson scares the crap out of me. I can totally see us losing but I feel pretty good about it in general, which is weird.

This feels like the classic let down Lions game.

3 Likes

In the afterglow of Dan’s introductory press conference, I called my youngest brother and told him the Lions were winning 3 of the next 6 Super Bowls. Now we’re down to 3 of the next 5. So there has to tidal wave surge at some point soon, and this week is as good as any to grab the League by the, um, kneecaps.

Noise, schmoise on the road. Our secondary is healthy, Hutch says he’s playing, and Alim and Demetrius will get interior pressure on Cousins. I expect Goff to connect big with Chark and Reynolds when the Viking commit to slowing our running and short passing game. If turnovers are equal, I think we win. Points, schmoints, if I were betting, I’d take the Lions on the money line.

1 Like

31-28 lions. JJ with 1, Theilen 1, Cook 1, Irvin 1

1 Like

Agreed…
I like so many things the Lions are doing right now…
but I still can’t get myself to predict a road win against any kind of decent team.

I think it should be a tight game… but I still just can’t allow myself to be optimistic.

4 Likes

Exactly why I said 50/50. It’s just so tough to tell based on history as well as how this current season is going overall.

Dalvin Cook will have a big game.

Hock finds his mojo

All 3 of our RB break 40 yards.

Josh Reynolds TD.

Sun God held under 8 catches

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

1 Like

Lions win 31 - 21. Detroit offense keeps steamrolling. Swift, Williams and Reynolds run over Minnesota D all day and St. Brown continues his domination of the NFL by scoring 2 TD’s.

This team is inspiring confidence! ROAR!!!

Jesus

What kind of fan would I be if I thought the Vikings could beat the Lions today.
24-17 for us
Goff 3TD (maybe two) today and a passer rating above 100

1 Like

F yeah!!

1 Like

27-23 Lions!

Vikes about to get bullied in the run game!

1 Like