Levi - Doesn't go to IR-Return

Good news, they obviously expect him back soon.

Same thing with the others, no one going on IR. - Good News.

7 Likes

They decided to keep Julian and Levi on the 53 man, interesting. Maybe they are closer than we all thought!

Levi’s new nickname should be Mr. Invisible.

We hear nothing about him, we never see him, not at practice, not in hard knocks, but yet still on the 53 man roster. Will Mr. Invisible, please stand up, please stand up!

5 Likes

It’s good news if he’s fully healthy. It’s a clown show if we’re doing the exact same thing as last year with him.

2 Likes

So, we’re carrying 6 DTs?

1 Like

Maybe they will see if he practices well this week, and cut one next week if he is good to go ?

2 Likes

I like that ALL of the players can see this, and will remember it going into next season as well.

Switch the first 2 letters …ELVIS…cuz he has left the building…again.

5 Likes

Haha nice one! I’ve heard Elvis is still alive if you know the secret handshake!

2 Likes

Haha! I wanna go to karaoke with him!

2 Likes

How do you sing with an invisible man!?

2 Likes

Hey, don’t be cruel.

3 Likes

Listen y’all all this speculation… we can’t go on together with suspicious minds.

4 Likes

He will have to pay Brockers for that nickname.

Taken. Vet gets $$$

4 Likes

Slowly, we don’t want you to hurt yourself.

3 Likes

I guess today is the first day they could put Levi on the IR and get him back this season.

But they still could put him on IR in the next few days without any impact on their Eagles preparation by elevating someone from their practice squad, couldn’t they? Perhaps they want a couple more days to evaluate his readiness?

Really, since they deactivate 6 guys every game, it doesn’t really matter other than real emergency depth.

Guys from the PS and especially FA brought in to soak up those 2 spots would be at the end of the depth chart at least for Week 1 and maybe week 2…so while they are on the roster, they aren’t playing…just like keeping these two up.

Our guys get to stay up and engaged gameday, which I like.

I’m good w this. It looks like they made their waiver raid already. Let’s go to war with the guys we have!

4 Likes

…the ppl would think I had a damn fine voice and could harmonize…WITH MYSELF!!!

…and handsomely, to be specific. I would sing handsomely with an invisible man!

:muscle: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

YOU KILLED THE INVISIBLE SWORDSMAN??!!!

4 Likes

Elvis died 10 years ago. Sorry to break it to you.

1 Like

They really need to change that rule. I understand back in the day it helped save travel costs but now it’s just stupid. You’re paying 6 players to stay home.

2 Likes

The rule was put into place so that one team didn’t have a pure numbers advantage over the other team. If there were no inactive players, one team could theoretically have 53 guys playing against 46 guys on gameday. Which would be an advantage. The rule made it so that each team could have up to 7 injured players on gameday and not be penalized in the numbers game.

With the practice squad, IR to return, quick access to healthy players at a touch of a button and everything else at their disposal these days it really is an outdated concept. One thing I have heard is that there are people pushing the league to AT LEAST expand the number of active players available for Thursday games.

1 Like