Levi Onwuzurike still dealing with a back injury

Yikes. Not sounding great with yet another back issue.

6 Likes

Levi is the weak link. Damn it.
To quote Coach Dan, “We need to not get road grated in the run game. We need beef in the middle.”

2 Likes

Levi is the lone rookie from the 2021 class that I have serious reservations about. Lets see what he does this year, but he has a lot to prove right now.

4 Likes

I won’t write Onwuzurike off yet, but I am very happy that they doubled down on the position and drafted Alim McNeil the same year.

11 Likes

Maybe he looks like Bryant. Broken for first few years and thought by most to be a bust. Now he is healthy and looks good. Of course we need to see that translate through the season

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be nice if Bryant had a break through year?
We deserve nice things

8 Likes

Haha! I still have massive reservations about Bryant too. I wanna upgrade. Didn’t like the pick…stil don’t.

…and the kid opted out of the 2020 season.

Hasn’t really produced anything football wise in 3 years. Practiced a couple days at the Senior Bowl, got drafted, injured for 2 years.

NFL stands for 'Not For Long" in the words of Jerry Glanville

Levi needs some reps soon, or his job will be on the line.

4 Likes

And to think Brad wanted to trade up to get him but Dorsey kept him patient.

4 Likes

Yup - from what Dan says, he’ll get 'em. He’s gonna “prove it,” one way or another.

I’ve been saying all offseason we need more talent and depth at DT. Levi still being banged up, makes this even more important. Some people seem high on Cornell, but’s he played a grand total of 4 snaps in his 2 NFL seasons.

Bring Suh home or bring in Sheldon Richardson, who still played pretty well for the Vikes last year.

If Levi gets healthy down the road, then great, but relying on him right now to be a huge part of the rotation seems flawed and risky.

7 Likes

Will sheldon take a one year deal?

2 Likes

Give him some guaranteed money on a 1 year deal! Worth a shot. Dude had more QB hits by himself last year than our entire DT group combined.

4 Likes

I have too.

DT is one of our weakest links on the team. I honestly haven’t seen anything from Levi that makes me think he can be part of the solution.

I think the Lions need more DT talent.

7 Likes

Coach Campbell even said this in a press conference last week. So they clearly know, perhaps the issue is money, it usually is with the vets. Guys like Suh and Richardson probably have no interest in training camp either.

3 Likes

Didnt like the Levi pick when it happenned.
Liked it even less last season on the field.
Then - some insigths came in –
He hadn’t played in two years. He was playing injured. We challenged him in the off-season.
Then rah - rah - rah - he had a great off-season and looked ripped!!
He’s ready to go!! Go Levi!
Then the pads go on.
I don’t think this ends well.

5 Likes

A number of us see it this way
Hopefully Holmes & Co see something we don’t see

3 Likes

I agree, but I hope they wait. Lets see what we have in Cornell. Maybe if we’re contending after the bye, then maybe bring in an old guy.

Both the Eagles and Seahawks ran for over 200 yards against us last year, we play them both in the first month of the season. That is very concerning to me if we are rolling out this DT group. Perhaps Alim is going to be a monster this year and the staff is counting on that, sure hope so.

4 Likes

Those guys will be gone by then though likely.

1 Like