Levi Onwuzurike

Levi Onwuzurike drafted 2nd round 2021 barley has double digit tackles. I know he has a back issue, but does anyone think he is done? I never hear anything about him rehabbing or how it is going. I just have to wonder if he has the ambition to get back. If he can’t play 2023 cut him immediately.

2 Likes

I think no one is expecting anything from him.

9 Likes

I’m not sure they could cut him outright as he is rehabbing from a surgery that is related to his getting injured at practice.

I think the key question is…is he rehabbing at the facility. If the answer is yes, then the Lions are still looking to get something from him in 2023. If he’s not, he’s probably done.

1 Like

Levi sat out the 2020 NCAA season.
Hurt in 21 as a rookie and never made an appearance in 22.
Do you think he desires to play football?
HE GONE!

6 Likes

The little we heard from him directly early he certainly sounded like a guy who WANTS to play football. But at this point to think he can get there physically and hold up…

5 Likes

The End

Roll credits

5 Likes

Hopefully this is a lesson for Holmes to try and stay away from
Players with injuries when drafting. Most times the upside is not worth the risk. I’d have to look back at that draft to see who was taken after him that we could use right now.

2 Likes

@LutherEllis don’t look at that. It will make you sad.

3 Likes

Heartbreak is a good motivator

1 Like

The recent hub-bub about Bryon Jones I think is super relevant here. As fans, we often just assume players are like video game figures. They get injured, out for however long, then come back as the same computer program figure they were before injury. But the human body doesn’t work like that. Byron Jones is telling us he can’t even run and jump any longer because of what football has done to his body. At this point I think most of us assume Levi’s back is done, he just needs to collect whatever he can from the NFL and try and live a happy and healthy life. Dude is done and I don’t hate him for it, but I’m be very hesitant to draft 300 pound human beings with a bad back moving forward. Could there be a bigger red flag?

4 Likes

That was the worst draft pick Holmes has made .

3 Likes

Without looking it up, I’m sure there were many mistakes in the 20 draft.
The draft of Covid, no Combine, very little medical info and a lot sat out the 20 season for Covid reasons. (That alone would have sent a red flag for me)
A mistake? Maybe, but I think a few teams had Levi high on their boards and would have made the same mistake if we hadn’t.
I hate to make excuses for Brad, but 2020 had to be hell for all teams.

6 Likes

It costs them under 600k to keep him this year vs cutting him, he isn’t going anywhere unless he gets a medical disability discharge.

7 Likes

He’s done.

There will be a process they go through with PUP and IR, but he’s done. He’s the 90th player on the roster by virtue of his guarantees and playing out the injury process.

1 Like

4.8 40 CBs?

4 Likes

Bro, Holmes will trade him to the Vikings for 2 firsts & a third

1 Like

While the draft is still seen as a crap shoot

I’m not sure how I feel about busy labels. Rarely does a whole draft class work out and many second rounders don’t either

Injury hard to predict and in particular that year

So one part on bust I’d consider is
… is Levi being a pros pro and doing everything he can to try and recover and be healthy ?
If that’s the character that Brad drafted , and Levi hasn’t given us reason to doubt his work ethic

I don’t have a problem with the pick
Plus what another great story if he can comeback and play strong.
That would really be a boost to roster.

3 Likes

no need to - guy is getting an A+
Consider his entire body of work.
Your point about c19 is valid too, bro.

Still, nothing Bradley accomplishes will surprise me.

1 Like

I see this a lot on here. People question a players desire with absolutely zero knowledge of that players mind set. Where i come from if you want to question a man like that you had better be willing to stand toe to toe with them and look them in the eye when you ask that question. Someone can have all the will in the world and still get hurt. Judge not yest ye be judged yourself

7 Likes

I dont really want to bring him up but a former quarterback of ours was always questioned about how much he wanted to win. People would say as long as he gets his stats and money he is happy. I always came back with what you said that you dont know a players motivations or desire but that was one guy i had no concerns about with how much he played through injury etc. Just a strange thing we do as a society where we try and put others down by assuming we understand exactly what is going through that persons mind or their drive.

1 Like