Liberty, Liberty...Li-ber-ty

Best story in college football this season.

1 Like

My friend’s son is on that team. I am definitely #TeamLiberty for the next few years. His son is Carl Poole Jr. His brother is Nate Poole, who caught the game winning touchdown for the Cardinals to put the Vikings out of the playoffs. Nate was our QB and Carl Sr was the team manager.

1 Like

what’s this all about?

This…https://247sports.com/Article/Liberty-Flames-Hugh-Freeze-undefeated-start-after-upset-win-over-Virginia-Tech-Hokies--154360906/

1 Like

Nice

Go get him Shelia!!

I actually somewhat remember you talking about Nate being your buddy when that play happened. Who threw the pass? Was it Josh McCown?

Sweet! For alumni reasons, I will always put PJ Fleck’s Row the Boat undefeated Broncos as #1 underdog feel good story, but Liberty makes WMU look like OSU, size and program wise. Nice to watch, hope they make it.

2 Likes

Hugh Freeze can really coach. If he was only as good at cheating as he is at coaching then he’d have a big time gig right now.

Yeah, it’s a weird situation to look back on. Nate played in the NFL. Another brother John was considered even more talented, and he mysteriously quit school the 2nd semester of his senior year. Then there was Carl, who was the lesser athlete who never played in high school, he was “just” a team manager (getting water, washing clothes, etc). Years later his 2 boys are the best athletes in the family. They helped deliver a state championship in basketball to our high school in 2019. Now they are at Liberty together (Carl and Carlos).

Josh McCown delivered that pass to Nate that put him in the history books. But it was Josh’s brother Luke that officially delivered me to my healthy place in viewing Michigan State football. I went to MSU, for anyone that doesn’t know that. I had a delusional view of the team until Luke McCown beat us. After that day, I experience the highs of winning but with none of the lows, because I have no expectations for the team. Its crazy healthy and I hope each Lions fan finds themselves in that place.

1 Like

28-7 at half, they’re rolling.

1 Like

NC State next week on the road,not a layup. Would like to see them play live.

Was he the subject of Car Pool jokes growing up?

1 Like

Tough loss by 1 point. 39 yard FG attempt with under 90 sec’s left was blocked. Too bad, still a great story.

1 Like

Hugh Freeze signed an extension. Too bad, he would be an improvement here. Liberty back in the Top 25…

1 Like

Extensions don’t mean much in college football. If someone wants him he will leave, and there might be a small buyout package the new school would throw to Liberty.

1 Like

Nice win last night, fun team to watch as well. And Costal Carolina, stay in your lane.

How does Costal Carolina end up ranked higher than Liberty? Great season guys. BTW, people wondering how you get better in the NCAA, you hire better coaches and eventually you get better recruits. Iowa State still only got 2 4star recruits this off season but they’re returning almost their whole team. Liberty and ISU, 2 teams to keep an eye on.

Liberty is set to run the table.