Linebackers falling to #32…

I know it has been debated about whether the Lions would take a LB early in the draft. On paper, it seems like a huge need for us. Curious to see what the Lions do in the draft.

In Albert Breer latest rumor column, he talks about two guys I would love to have on our roster. Devin Lloyd and N. Dean. Lloyd is seen as a guy that will go before the Lions pick but now he has medical concerns and will be 24 years old at start of season. Dean is a fun player but his size is a huge concern for me and now you have medical issues on top of it.

Here is the tidbits from Breer.

• Utah’s Devin Lloyd is another player with some medical questions. I don’t think his age is helping him either.

• Dean’s medical has come up with a few teams. There’s nothing disqualifying in there (he’s had a shoulder labrum repair, he’s got tendonitis and tearing in his knee, plus there was a pec and groin issue before his pro day … and there’s a laundry list beyond just that), but there’s plenty to sort through. And it’s making some wonder how, as a smaller linebacker, he’ll hold up in the NFL. Here’s hoping Dean does, because he’s a blast to watch.

Assuming the Lions go edge at No 2 overall, I’d rather see S or WR at 32/34 or DT.

LB would be the 4th priority. There should be some pretty good ones at the No. 66 and No. 97 picks.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/linebackers

1 Like

I hadn’t hear any of that scuttlebutt. Hmmm, maybe I need to change my mock draft. You’re not spreading smoke so that I won’t win the Den draft contest, are you???

A nice breakdown on the LB class

Yeah, yikes, I don’t like the sound of that. Knee tendinitis (that turned into tendinosis) ended one of my good friends’ promising soccer career in college. He still can’t jump or go up and down stairs without pain.

It’s insane how many different directions the Lions could possibly go with picks 32 and 34.

LB
S
QB
WR
DE (if not taken @2)
DT

Just gotta trust the Brad…simple as that. So many ways they could go.

1 Like

I agree.

The LB group is really deep in this draft.

Off ball LBs don’t have great positional value.

Injuries are a big factor… and off-ball LBs have a similar concern to RBs when it comes to injuries possibly ending careers earlier than most positions.

I like Dean and Lloyd, but there will be solid options later too.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.