Lion meme thread ONLY

It’s a low bar, but I think we could do better than Millen, but I wouldn’t want to interrupt what we got going right now. Enjoying the Ride!!! :partying_face: :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Yessirrr
Denzel Washington Love GIF

2 Likes

I’m kinda surprised she makes that much.

How much can you possibly pay players to play in empty arenas and to TV audiences of zero?

I bet WNBA ratings aren’t meaningfully different than pickleball, Jarts, or whatever else is playing on the Ocho.

3 Likes

Family friend plays for the Las Vegas Aces, Kiah Stokes. She, along with many of the women, play in the Turkish Super League and other over sea’s venue’s to supplement their income. Kiah likes Turkey, it’s cheap so her money goes much further there. Good article …

1 Like

Yet was flippin channels earlier this afternoon and the WNBA was on CBS. Not trying to be a dick here, but how are they getting any ratings at all?

2 Likes

The NBA is strongarming the networks to broadcast WNBA games as part of their NBA broadcast relationship. The NBA subsidizes the WNBA, so w/o that they would be paying minor league wages and the women woukd simply play overseas full time.

TBH w NIL, some will make more as a college student

3 Likes

Confused Fran Healy GIF by Travis

What’s this NBA you speak of ?

3 Likes

I think the WNBA would be a lot better if it had men playing in it! Just my opinion. :smile:

Really? Thought they already were…

juwanna mann jamal jefferies GIF by Morgan Creek

Just a matter of time.

Their reasoning for low ratings:

Because they don’t get the prime time TV slots.

Honestly, ask “them”. That’s what they will tell
you. And they actually believe it.

2 Likes

They’re not.

Look, there are just some sports where the difference in athleticism between men and women is critical for the watchability. Basketball absolutely falls into that category.

I actually prefer women’s tennis. The slightly slower speed makes it better, imo. Volleyball is solid. I’m not a connoisseur, but women’s golf is on par (get it?) with men’s to me. And I can’t imagine women’s soccer is somehow less watchable than men’s.

Not every sport is a good spectator sport, and women’s basketball is one that’s bad.

5 Likes

How in the hell did anyone think it was me???

Not a chance in hell. I hate mascots!

I’m not watching WNBA, I don’t even watch the NBA, but I would totally watch roller derby once in a while if it was on.

2 Likes

9 Likes

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure I got banned from Twitter last year for saying something similar. :wink:

1 Like

^ Tell us your roary without actually saying it lol