Lions 7 rd mock draft

According to who, besides you?

I know were just spitballing here, but I think any top 5 list of WRs has to have George Pickens on it. IMO, he is the single most physically talented WR in this draft. He’s a forgotten man because of his ACL this year, but he is definitely somebody to watch when Michigan plays UGA because he’ll most likely be playing. He could easily be the difference in the game.

I would go, just on pure talent:

George Pickens
Garrett Wilson
Drake London
Chris Olave
Jameson Williams.

Williams is your guy if you want a pure burner - but he is even more intriguing if you think you can develop him beyond that. Olave is a burner too, but he is gonna give you more in the red zone and intermediate routes. Pickens is the guy with the complete set of tools in the tool bag with the size, catch radius, box out ability and enough speed to be dangerous. Drake isn’t far behind, but even more point forward in him, but less refined and probably less explosive. Wilson is your ISO guy who can beat the man in front of him consistently and RAC you to death.

Hard to leave some guys off the list too. I think its a good year for WRS overall but not super great for top end game changers.

That was the official time, there are some thinks he will run around 4.5

Well let’s see

Williams has more catches
More yrds
More yrds per catch
He’s Bigger
He’s Faster
And none of that is really in question.

But 10x better is alittle Homer like or alot of Homer like.

Yeah I love George Pickens he was my top guy, but injury has him kinda all over place.

I would love Pickens with our 2nd and maybe even our 1b.

1 Like

That sounds about right. He isn’t perfect, he needs to gain about 10 lbs of muscle, and he really needed to refine his game this season. Now he’s coming off injury. But I think getting him with that second round pick would be a total steal. I doubt he lasts that long though. Some playoff team is gonna nab him late in the first and continue to make the playoffs.

Read any scouting report

I think Jameson will be the 2nd WR off the board.

It’s not always about who’s better. If Jameson’s juice on the field translated into the Underwear Olympics then he’s going to move way up.

Willians is more explosive in YAC scenarios. His KR prowess is a clear example of this.

The difference between Wilson and Williams is there ceiling, Wilson is what he is now , but Williams still has things he can improve on. So some will rate him higher because of his ceiling.

How about you post one that says his skill set is better than Williams.

What do you guys think of NC State WR Emeka Emezie as a sleeper…might even be UDFA?

Tough, physical, great ball skills (former basketball player), hes strong. Good blocker. Alpha mentality. Looks to understand route angles and body positioning.

Here is the consensus…

It says nothing with re to your claim, that’s simply a list of perceived value with no breakdown as to what makes one better than another one. You conceded speed and then said everything else was not in question. “Wilson has better ball skills, hands, route running, body control, jump ball skills, and make-you-miss ability, and none of that is really in question.”

He may very well be better at all of those things but you haven’t posted anything other than your opinion that says he is.

I think it really depends on the vision. Do we want someone that’s open even when they’re not? Then I’d go London. Do we want someone that terrifies opposing coordinators with their chunk play potential? Then I’d go Williams. If we’re looking for a polished all around WR that still has big time athleticism then I’m all for Wilson.

Any of those three make it to the Rams pick and I’m elated. Burks works for me as well. Otherwise I’d wait till pick 33 and see what’s there.

I really like Pickens

But I read he has an argument with his coaches at one point…Holmes will have to check into that.

Yeah, I think Wilson is a WR that can more consistently get open. He’s a guy you can feed the ball to. Williams is that explosive big chunk player. Burks is that contested ball catcher with the NFL body. I’ll take whatever one is available at pick 23.

I would take Garrett Wilson given the choice. He has the highest floor out of all of them. And the ceilings aren’t much different. Nobody is as good as Ja’Marr Chase this year. And that’s ok, because we wouldn’t have a chance at Chase anyway.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/jameson-williams-alabama-wr-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

And again, nothing.

“Beyond his speed and explosiveness, however, Williams has the makings of a complete NFL wide receiver. He has loose, flexible hips that can sink with ease on route-running reps. He’s an incredibly twitchy player who can generate displacement off quick, subtle movements. And at the catch point, Williams has great hands, focus, and instincts.”

Does it say that Williams has great hands, focus and instinct but Wilson is better? What I KNOW is that Williams has been closing on Wilson all year, still is. If you are drafting on ceiling you take Williams. If you are drafting at who is better at noon central time on December 12th, you take Wilson.