Lions #9 in the draft

47m in cap before cutting guys…gotta spend big or the regime gets swept.

That’s the problem, I want a higher pick to get a better player, but I have zero faith in this staff to take the better player.

So were the Packers playing to win by taking Rogers out. I think not.

So were they playing to win when they kept Rogers in for the entire game including overtime coming off injury against the Jets the previous week when they began the game with only five wins and zero possibility of playoffs when the only thing that a win could do is to worsen their draft position ? obviously so. So if they were so smart and the lions were so dumb why were the Packers trying so hard to win against the Jets? I’m guessing it’s something like Herm Edwards is constantly quoted. you play to win the game.

Yeah because everyone knows that Rodgers could never have lead the Packers back from down 14 against the Lions! LOL

How could you have ever know this to be true?..yeah, you can’t.

We would have picked 5th and could have taken Josh Allen but we don’t need his 8 sacks anyways.

I agree. I think we need to add some draft capital to make sure we get the guys. A 3rd and something in ‘21 for the right to sign Trent Williams. Our first for Jamal Adams and New York’s 2nd. Moves like that. The top guys aren’t going to be lining up to come here. Quinn needs to be aggressive in acquiring game changers.

That sounds great and all Husker but I think it’s mostly wishful thinking. I don’t believe the Jets would trade Jamal Adams and their second for a single first round pick. It’s my opinion it would take at least a first-rounder to get Adams. They might consider trading their 2020 second-round pick as part of the deal if the Lions intern give up their 2021 second round pick but even then I’d be surprised. Jamal Adams is a quote-unquote top guy.
As to Trent Williams I don’t know what you mean by the right to sign? He is already under an existing contract through 2020. His cap hit for next year according to over the Cap.com is $14,750,000 and rumor is of course that he wants a long-term extension with more guaranteed money

1 Like

It is way too early to judge a TE in his first year. So far I like what he brings, but only in a weak draft do you actually consider at TE in the first round (unlike the Ebron pick).