Lions awarded RB Tra Carson

Lions awarded RB Tra Carson via waivers from Green Bay Packers

Allen Park, Mich. – The Detroit Lions announced today that they have been awarded RB Tra Carson via waivers from the Green Bay Packers.

In addition, the Lions released RB Paul Perkins.

Carson comes to Detroit after spending parts of the last two seasons with Green Bay. He originally signed with the Cincinnati Bengals as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Texas A&M in 2016, and has rushed six times for 14 yards (2.3 avg.) in his career.

Finally! Got that missing piece!

1 Like

Too bad his name isn’t Aveion.

He’ll give us good information on the Packers.

1 Like

This guy is like BRAND new as a player and has played VERY little , so I hope we give him double digit opportunities , keep feeding him the ball and find out what his strengths & weaknesses are but give him a fair chance here.

I’m so excited to have a cast off player from such a perennial RB power house like GB… :joy:

Super bowl here we come. BQ is a joke. We need starters and depth on the dline. He’s trying to be like NE .

This guy can’t stay healthy. Big back, 5’11", 228. Lions need someone to pickup the short yards/goal line situations.

Anyone have info on KJs injury?

I still don’t know why we didn’t keep Mark Thompson, instead we churn through a different RB every week.

1 Like

I agree. I thought Mark Thompson looked pretty good. Is he still available?

He’s on the Ravens practice squad. He could sign to the Lions active roster if the Lions request it.