Lions Chess Club

Any chess players here?

Hit me up for some games — “Cynodon” is my tag

1 Like

do they have euchre?

I’m out on chess, but I’ll throw down with some euchre

1 Like

Boy I miss Euchre! No one plays it down in the South.

I used to play euchre on Yahoo.com but it’s been years BigNatty.

Go to lichess. Easier to sign up and play.

1 Like
1 Like

I use lichess.com for the puzzles. I may sign up for it soon.

It’s free.

https://lichess.org/training/96413

I used to play chess at a pretty high level and because of that I don’t play anymore It’s like a lot of things, if you don’t keep it up all of a sudden it’s going to take a lot of work to get back to where you were much less get better. I stick to card games, taught myself to play bridge on Yahoo many years ago and same as chess I got pretty good but when they closed that site I quit playing. I would be hard pressed to make a proper bid now. Used to play Euchre when I bartended, play a lot of couples “Pitch” now.

Agreed. If you don’t keep on top of it you slide.
I can only beat kids playing chess. I suck but do not want to put the effort in to get good.
I used to play backgammon at a pretty high level — probably very average now.

1 Like

Yup - you get used to “thinking that way.” Just like coaching football.

In chess, I know how the pieces move and can think two moves in advance. How would I fare?

Love euchre and consider myself an ace. Kind of like calling yourself the stud at a senior citizen center.

2 Likes

Probably kick my ass!! :crazy_face:

1 Like

I joined the Chess Club in High School …To the endless taunting of my Football teammates and Coach

Until I landed a girl named … Reina :wink: who was the sole reason and purpose for why I joined Chess Club in the first place … Megan Fox look a like …Oh my GOD Reina :joy:

I’m in for some online Euch since I got 3 more weeks of unplanned vacation today.

1 Like

Really funny, brother. Same. If we can find a site, we should go whip some ass online.

The above mentioned site is a pay site. We could do that, if you guys want…or…if you don’ mind playing on the phone/tablet, there is an ap called Euchre 3D. It’s very well done and free. I prefer a computer where you can chat. I usually play a handful of games/week against live people on the phone. I’m not sure how you add friends, but I’m sure I could figure it out, if you guys want to go that route.

1 Like

Starting in October 2019, I played over 2700 games of blitz (10 mins) chess, mostly against the computer programs because they move faster and make you think faster, but my last game was March 13, 2020–the last day in the office before starting to work from home.

I used to play USCF tournaments when I was younger. My rating was around 1980 before I quit playing when I was 19. I played against a Grandmaster and a few International Masters. I didn’t have the desire to devote a bunch of time to get better. At that level, you need to put in quite a bit of study time to win.

2 Likes

In high school, my highest rating was around 1740ish. In tournament play, I was more of a “beat the people you’re supposed to beat player” with very few upsets. My best result was a draw against a guy who was rated around 2088 or something close to that.

1 Like