Lions - Chiefs Tailgate: Who's going?

Did the shirts ever happen? I’d be down for one, though I’m not going to the Chief’s game. The Den shirts might be good to idea in order to ID fellow Denisons at home games too.

1 Like

I’ll PM you my phone number. We have a parking pass but not sure how much tail gating time we’ll have, hope to see some of you guys.

2 Likes

I’ll PM you my number.

2 Likes

I’ll PM you my number

OK I can’t make 3 consecutive posts but anyone who is going PM me and I’ll send you my phone number.

2 Likes

I smell…victory!

Plus, we can protect each other when we kill them…

3 Likes

Apparently my last trip to Arrowhead. Gap Band, Chaka Khan with Rufus, The Eagles with Joe Walsh making his first appearance, and the Rolling Stones with Billy Preston on keys.

2 Likes

$12.50 was damn pricey in '75. I was paying $5 to $8 for top shelf shows in SE Mich.

$10 ahead of time, $12 day of the show, and the tickets for this game are substantially more.

Excellent!

1 Like

Damn, thats a sweet lineup. Chaka/Rufus was all over Sirius XM today

1 Like

Tell me somethin’ good…

2 Likes

Saw the Eagles the year before with Bernie Leadon who was replaced by Joe, who I liked but it really changed their sound and direction. Bernie played Banjo, Soft pedal steel and guitar and brought some of the sound he had captured coming from “The Flying Burrito Brothers”. I had seen Joe play with his band “Barnstorm”, I never would have figured his style as being something that would have been a good replacement for what Bernie brought. In fact, the Eagles label, Asylum, immediately threw together a greatest hits album for them I think not knowing for sure where the new band/sound would go. It became the best selling album in US history with 38 million eventually being sold, might still be a record.
Bernie was due for rehab so it was time. He hangs out in different places on the front range around Boulder and is very approachable to talk to, esp if you’re buying Tanqueray and tonic’s. I thought when Joe came in it would be for a short stint but his first album with them was “Hotel California”, and that really cemented his future. I always thought Joe had to be a front man to survive, wasn’t the case with the Eagles and it served them all very well.
Anyway, the Gap band was a funk based group fronted by the 3 Wilson brothers out of Tulsa and they were ok, it was a long day so it was good walking around and running into people music. When Chaka Khan hit the stage with Rufus she lit the place up. “Tell Me Something Good” , well, she made ME wish there were 48 hrs in a day.
Rolling Stones were one of the few bands that could follow all this and not have to worry that they might have been upstaged. Great show, beautiful day and great memories.

3 Likes

Gap band, Dazz band, KC& Sunshine, ohio Players, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Tower of Power, of course EW&F, Cameo…yeah Im there for all of that. Sirius XM Ch 50, Groove.

1 Like

I once saw KC and the Sunshine Band open for Jethro Tull.

1 Like

Just found out our seats are section 111. End zone, seven rows up!

3 Likes

Toots & the Maytels opened for The Who at the Silverdome. And promptly booed off the stage.

Do we got an official list of who will be in KC next week?

I’m there if any y’all wanna meet up

2 Likes

Meeting up with my nephew & niece (who I just found out is going). I’m just a passenger on this drunken bus. I just may not come out of this alive.

Just want it noted here…

2 Likes

I did a little too much last night…wife has me in timeout

2 Likes

Found the premier place to tailgate by the stadium entrance. Know some locals who have season tix.

Supposedly gonna be a pretty sweet start they are gonna do the championship celebrations & banner raising before hand.

Getting our practice in for watching that…fans and players of Detroit.

This could be a turning point for our franchise.

Anyhow, message me if u wanna link up

2 Likes