Lions currently in 3rd place in dropped passes

According to this stat compiling organization,

But, you’ll get a different number from another site. It’s all interpreted very loosely; mainly because some places will also add in the crappy QB factor.

As expected, Jamo leads the way, followed by Laporta. Let’s say they think Goff sucks, then Jamo has 3. If they are giving Goff the benefit of the doubt, then Jamo has 5.

1 Like

Jamo is the common denominator.
More drops than catches

4 Likes

Either way, considering the number of attempts, it’s just abysmal.

1 Like

We have had a lot of drops this year. Hopefully then bye and giving DPJ JaMo’s reps will help. But it’s alarming, because we don’t have Patrick Mahomes there to make up for it.

Our margin of error is slim.

3 Likes

His team is in 1st place. Rashee Rice and Kadarius Toney most drops.

Someone advocating that Jamo loses his reps to DPJ is just ridiculous.

3 Likes

For this game at least, it’s a moot point since DPJ has been limited in practice all week. I doubt we’re going to be seeing him.

I agree.

DPJ should be veiwed as a new toy for Ben Johnsons arsenal, not a replacement for anybody.

Well, he’s a replacement for Marvin Jones I suppose.

3 Likes

I would just keep riding Jamo until he takes off!

round fails GIF

2 Likes

There’s a lot of folks here, I think, that would prefer Dan and Co. shelve Jamo and just say…
Half Measures Mike GIF by Breaking Bad

I’m on the fence finally :smile:

They didn’t trade a draft pick for a guy they plan to give zero snaps too……

4 Likes

DPJ will get his snaps when he is healthy but a lot of that will be blocking and he is very good at that. I just wonder if he will be ok with that if we are winning games. If he just wants targets he will have a short stay. If he is ok just being a starting WR and doing whatever is in the game plan to win the game he may be a great acquisition. Our first priority will always be to run the ball but if RBs are out like against Tampa we may throw it 50 times and he gets 12 targets.

2 Likes

drops to me mean the football WAS catchable , did reach the intended target accurately , yet was dropped-which has cut into Goff’s overall numbers…that said? I’m not blaming Goff.

3 Likes

DC is going to play people that earn their position. I haven’t seen otherwise so far.

If the problem with JaMo is reps, let him get them in practice. Then when he consistently delivers there; get him game reps. We don’t suck right now.

I think a lot of JaMo’s issues are timing. I think Goff has to throw to him earlier than his normal time with everyone else. I think some part of the drops is that. The question we have to ask is what i Goff is unwilling or unable to do that mid season without practice.

Question: would you start JaMo if it cost us home field?

2 Likes

Not sure it will be easy to get consistent data on this one…

but…. PFF has Lions with 2nd most drops….

but I do think it is fair to say Mahomes leads the NFL in pundit excuses for why their offense isn’t succeeding as expected . :smirk::man_shrugging::astonished::sunglasses::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

If you have to resort to “excuses” then you already lost the argument. I don’t think any of our posters use excuses because if you question them or call them out on a certain point…99.899 % of the time they will give you a clear and understandable response or answer.

Interestingly

So are the Lions ( in first place )

1 Like

Thanks for nothing ‘Jamo’

1 Like

Does a pass hitting you in the face mask count as a drop?

1 Like

Maybe the equipment personnel should look at opening up his face mask to increase the odds of it getting wedged in there? Still counts as a catch👌.

1 Like