Lions doing due diligence on a potential trade-down -- or up?

I think its a bad idea to take a QB this draft at least in first 3 rds They want one to learn an be backup fine late pick. Who knows they might get lucky.

But QBs early in this draft IMO the odds say no any of them will be good …sure I can be wrong but odds say I am right.

I know mocks are opinions same as posts here but when most even who post or print there mocks don’t like a QB early then why would you take one?

Then later your just gambling you get lucky, we need players an even picking position players will require luck always does.

But I will gamble at getting a player who very least is good backup or ST player You get a dud QB an at best you have a holder.(clip Board)

1 Like

All of this….

Option A) build an actual team, and let a guy entering his prime be their QB. A guy who already proved capable of being on a SB bound team at 24 years old. My guess is he will be more than capable at 28-30 if the team around him is similar

Option B) piss in Goffs face. Waste a top pick on a guy with a 70% bust probability. The franchise takes a step backward. We lose the Locker room… again. Rebuild again. Then the new QB gets a 3 year pass due to impossible situation.

I think we see what Goff does with a top 15 D, and top 10 offensive cast. If it isn’t WIN A PLAYOFF GAME- then trade what’s necessary to get the QB that will

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s the part that gets me. We have a guy that has been to the Super Bowl, and has more playoff wins than the guy who won this year’s Super Bowl, and we’d rather toss him aside for an unknown commodity from a school with 2nd tier competition.
I’d ask if they’ve lost their minds, but, it’s an obvious answer, and I don’t deal well with fools in my old age.

So are you trying to say the guy who could win a Super Bowl with the team the other guy couldn’t is somehow worse because he doesn’t have as many playoff wins???

I’m using the argument of the haters against them.
Wins and losses. That’s the only measure of a QB.
They said it about Stafford for 12 years.
Now, they want to use the #2 pick in the draft to get Boyles replacement.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.