Lions don't have a 7th round pick this year

Don’t forget to factor in that UDFA’s have a say in the process while draft picks do not. The kid that knows his game and does his research (aided by his agent) can find a good fit that also comes with good opportunity.

We like to think that teams “care” about every pick, but in reality they do not. Some guys are just the next highest name on the board. Other times they plan on asking a guy to do something he can’t do…but draft him in hopes of “coaching him up” to do it. And then there are the situations we as fans see from a mile away, when a team gets picked by a team where he has no shot based on the current roster.

2 Likes

Never liked that Trinity Benson trade from the beginning. Day 3 for the Lions won’t be worth watching.

It was traded to @bignatty

1 Like

MCDC matters. Nothing else matters… Detroit vs. Everyone!

1 Like

I’ve gotta defer. I’d have no clue what to do w/a 7th rounder.

2 Likes

I’d imagine you’d draft a dude that looks like this. lol Mr. Clean

Sad Mr Clean GIF by Leroy Patterson

2 Likes

We’d have the best-lookin’ team ever!

1 Like

The team would save so much money on shampoo maybe we could get some more free agents.

2 Likes

The best thing you can do with a 7th runder is trade it.

1 Like

IDK… seems like drafting a long snapper in the 7th might be better… especially if ya miss out on 1 in the 6th round. :sunglasses::face_with_raised_eyebrow::persevere::confused::smirk:

1 Like

Plus when you draft a 7th rounder, there is less than 1 1/2 per team (when factoring in comp picks). With UDFA’s, we have 20 people that come to a tryout and we may pick a couple, plus anywhere from 6-12 signed after draft. There isn’t much of a difference talent wise between a 7th and an UDFA, but teams have a lot more UDFA’s on the team fighting for a spot.

2 Likes

There’s really only one 7th round whiff that I would have liked to had back, and that was taking Toone instead of LeGarrette Blount.

In 2015… Lions drafted Corey Robinson at pick #240 OA.

I wanted them to draft La’el Collins.

He claimed he wouldn’t play for anyone if he wasn’t drafted in 1st round… but I would have called the bluff. Sitting out a full year would have delayed his abilty to get to free agency, so I think his agent would have convinced him to play.

If not… Dallas may have flipped a decent draft pick for him once the investigation concluded he played no role in that girl’s death.

1 Like

I think the league stepped in and said they wouldn’t honor a selection of Collins if a team tried to draft him. Nothing else makes sense to me.

1 Like

Yes, but it was a bluff…

1 Like

Is he still playing

Jefferson made some nice contributions last season.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.