Lions don't Love either DE at 2? More smoke/chatter

“Sources with Detroit indicated the organization is keeping its options open and giving a lot of consideration to a variety of directions to go with the second-overall pick.
The Lions are not head over heels in love with Michigan edge rusher Aidan Hutchinson or Oregon edge rusher Kayvon Thibodeaux.
Lions general manager Brad Holmes also said he would listen to trade offers to potentially move down. A lot of the teams picking in the top five would be interested in moving down, but there may not be a market of teams interested in trading up. That could force Detroit to stick and pick.
While Hutchinson and Thibodeaux are candidates for the Lions, they are keeping their options open and might go another direction high in the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft.”

WalterFootball.com: NFL Hot Press

1 Like

Walter Football and their “sources”.

2 Likes

Probably hoping the Jaguars take an OT, so they have their pick of the two.

1 Like

Walter mocks are insistent that we need a QB at #2OA and our pick will be the guy with the weird thumb.

I confess I check their new mock every week, but I don’t put too much credence in what I read there. It’s just for entertainment and a spur to my football imagination.

3 Likes

Yup, agree.

Holmes: We are always open for business.

Media: The Lions look to trade down because they hate Hutch and Tibbs.

14 Likes

smoke-gas

'Tis the season… to pretty much not believe anything said by a team. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No “source”. They’re opining based on Holmes’s comment about keeping their options open and being open for business.

1 Like

I get that. Just a dig at WF which is a train wreck IMO.

3 Likes

Brad Holmes, who is letting the media do the muckraking for him, a first for a Lions GM:

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

4 Likes

I’m sure that’s what spurred their comments but I do think the Lions could go CB or S at 2OA. Especially if they resign Harris.

I do not believe we’re set on an edge guy. But if we are this is the kinda spin I’d hope to see happening.

4 Likes

Q. When can you tell an NFL GM or Coach are not telling the whole truth?
A: It is Jan-Apr.

They talk about going WR at 2.

If you don’t go Edge, you damn well should go Safety. WR, just dumb. In this class, dumb.

1 Like

I haven’t went to Walter Football in years. Their website was always suspect to me with lots of abnormal page loading delays. lagging, and ads. I don’t know if that has changed.

Treylon Burks at #2 would be awesome most would flip out but he has by far the best tape of any WR against big time schools he is the next Debo!! He instantly makes the Lions offense so much better and would be a great target for Goff.If you havent watched the kids highlight tape do yourself a favor and check it out.

I thought you were going to say “their lips were moving” :smile:

2 Likes

So I know its a bit of an outlier but I really love Jermaine Johnson. I got a chance to look at him just before the Senior Bowl and he looks like an NFL caliber pass rusher to me. Then he comes in the Senior Bowl and kicks ass and leaves early. I wonder how high he’ll end up rising. Top 5?

1 Like

I could see WR to the Lions at 2 depending on how they value the WRs vs DEs. I’ve also thought about what if we took one of these tackles and just used them as a people mover at RG. Seems like overkill though. It’d be fun, however! Let’s just pile drive the team across from us into submission like the 60s Packers.

1 Like

LOL - People are gonna flip out no matter what, this draft. Seems to be too much ambiguity as to who is top tier in this one. LOL.

I’d trust them if they chose anyone from any position, though I’d be PISSED AF if they went with a punter.

My preference: edge, safety, bail, lb, wr.

1 Like