Lions going offense no 2?

As a Lions fan forum, we need to be responsible for finding out what player other teams in the top 10-15 (with GM’s that shoot from the hip) are desperate for.

That will be our guy. All rumors, debate should focus on that guy.

Maybe The Den can artificially generate the magical trade up offer coming in to the Lions.

1 Like

Matt Millen isn’t working as a GM any more.

That’s the only GM in the history of GMs that might be influenced by a bunch of message board dweebs like us.

4 Likes

Gettleman … but he’s going to be gone soon. There are still some boneheads out there.

And it’s not the board itself, it’s the smoke that spreads when someone heard from someone, who knows someone, who has a cousin. It’s where most of the douchey media hacks get their info these days

If Millen were still in charge…

“With the 2nd pick in 2022 draft, Matt Millen selects Chris Olave WR from Ohio State!”

I agree that a WR pick would be very Millen-like…

But could reason that Matt Millen would more likely pick…

…a stud Offensive Tackle at #2 overall…

…to pair with the OTHER 2 STUD OFFENSIVE TACKLES already on the roster!!!

4 Likes

True. Our influence is as an idea spawning pool for Lions journalists.

1 Like

They aren’t going offense at pick no. 2. I’m fairly confident that it’s one of the DE unless they can move back…

There were rumors earlier in the year that KT was the apple of their eye. He and Penei seem to have a good relationship which likely helps a bit as well.

3 Likes

Russ Thomas would be looking at which player he could sign for the cheapest deal.

4 Likes

Somebody from this board texted Millen’s son the name of Brian Calhoun. I can’t prove it yet, but I’m getting closer…
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

3 Likes

I’m confused as to how anyone would know anything this front office would be doing at this point. If there was a guy like Calvin Johnson in the draft, yeah, maybe they would.

But there isn’t. DE all the way. Desperate need and will easily be BPA outside of Kyle Hamilton.

2 Likes

Agreed, the lions are nearly dead last in every pash rush metric you can find this year. We need an impact pass rusher desperately.

I love and want Hutch @ #2. Thibs to me is a freak athlete but he disappears on film way too much. However, if AG and Campbell interview Thibs and think they can motivate him, he might be a hall of famer, he’s got the raw skills, tons of risk with Thibs though too. Much less risk with Hutch, but maybe no the ceiling.

D-line play and pass rush is the Lions biggest weakness IMO.

1 Like

I would love to hear how a guy with 7 sacks that didn’t show up for the 2 games vs Utah is the BPA. But not the guy who beat Dan Marino’s team record and Deshaun Watson’s ACC record.

I feel like the “Thibodeaux vanishes in big games” stuff is a bit misguided, especially when people claim Hutchinson vanished in the semifinal “because Georgia gameplanned for him and doubleteamed him.”

That’s identical to what Utah and others did to Thibs this year.

I love both guys as potential picks.

5 Likes

I swear i didnt tell chewy to pick a rb. I said dont pick a rb!

2 Likes

Fixed it for ya

3 Likes

Honestly, I wouldn’t care if they used every pick this year on defense. Yup, EVERY ONE. That’s how disgusted I am with their defense. Won’t happen, I know and would make no sense, but I wouldn’t care.

2 Likes

brian calhoun has to love the story of how he was drafted. “aw…they were thinking of me…”

I think there’s so many needs at this point, I could see the front office doing just about anything at number 2 other than OT. They seem smart enough so far, so I will get behind any pick they do make, even though I really want one of the Edge Rushers. Thibodeaux or Hutchinson at 2 or Karlaftis in a trade down scenario.

If we could hit WR in free agency, it’s a real possibility we go mostly defense in the draft.

1 Like