Lions’ Graham Glasgow officially takes starting job from Halapoulivaati Vaitai

The OL is what makes the wheels go round on this team. Gives Goff time, opens lanes for the RB’s and keeps the D off the field. It is the heart and soul, it all starts here. Really happy for GG and would like to think the guys he’s playing with have had something to do with his success as well. Every successful team leans on a certain part of their team to make it go, our OL is that for the Lions. There’s a foundation that we need to add to every year to make sure there is no weakest part of the chain.

2 Likes

Part of what Brad did in the renegotiation of Big V was to turn his final year into a void season. So this is Big V’s last year under contract. And on Big V’s end, he made it pretty clear in his offseason interviews that this was a “one last ride with the fellas” season for him. He’s done after this.

4 Likes

Ahh ok, I didn’t know that with him from the off-season, but not surprising. I just hope he’s able to end the year relatively healthy and if it’s retirement time, he’s not in a ton of pain. That dude has definitely battled

1 Like

He was an underrated pickup this offseason and he’s proven himself here. Hope he continues his success here for a long time

1 Like

It’s alot easier to be good when you play between Sewell and Ragnow. Or between Decker and Ragnow.

1 Like

I think you let J. Jackson walk if he is looking for a pay day which I am sure he will be since he is coming off a rookie deal. He has been hurt to much and well his run blocking over the years has been great his pass blocking has been avg.

I think you resign Glasgow and he is a starter at one of those OG spots.

Draft Zack Zinter from Michigan in the 3rd round or someone comparable who I would comp to Jonah Jackson and he is your other starter at OG

For sure as Rags will miss a couple games as SOP going forward it seems.

Gonna need some DT and CB action before we get to OG in the draft.

1 Like

Good, hes earned it. Big V is good when healthy but he hasn’t been healthy since probably 1996 so give me Glasgow.

4 Likes

Lol, he was born in 1993, so dude’s been dealing with the injury bug since the age of 3. Started with jumping on the bed and hitting his head on a dresser and needing stitches and just downhill from there. Then the foot injury from his big wheel he had to rehab for all of second grade. Tough breaks for that guy…

I’m just having fun, your comment made me laugh!

2 Likes

Glasgow is so much better at Guard than he is center.

What a great draft pick he was then and glad he came back home where he belongs.

Absolute gem signing

2 Likes

I watched Glasgow here in Denver. He was made the scapegoat for a very bad offensive line, even though he was easily their most consistent o-lineman on the team. Also, a lot was made of the fact that Russell Wilson was a hot mess and once when he was sacked, he reached up to Glasgow to help him up. Glasgow simply walked away. GG was vilified on local radio, but he was making a statement that Russell Wilson was a phony who was playing like garbage. I took GG’s side on this because last year Wilson was the worst NFL quarterback I’ve ever seen. I am very happy that he is back with the Lions.

1 Like

Anybody know Vegas odds of the starting OL staying intact/completing the whole game this Sunday with no injurys? It might be a good bet to take the under unfortunately…this OL has a knack for being snakebit.

4 snaps is the over under.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.