Lions have no back up QB ? why?

The point of this particular thread was about a “back up” QB. In your reply, you typed “sit behind Goff for a year”.

A “back up” is someone ready to step in if Goff goes down. If Richardson has to start for ANY team this year, they are going to lose those games. Richardson is your #3 QB for teams in the NFL. The exception being teams that feature their QB as a primary runner. Chicago would be a possible landing spot for Richardson in the 2nd round (2nd round is where I expect Richardson to go). I could even see Baltimore drafting him at 22 if Lamar ends up playing on his tag.

Almost certain you will see us take a QB inside the first 3 rounds. Honestly Hooker makes the most sense as we all know Brad is not afraid to take a risk on players coming off ACL tears as long as the value is there.

Had he not gotten hurt he would of been a lock inside the top 20 of the draft if not higher and that’s WITH the age. He has a strong arm, very accurate, doesn’t turn the ball over and is mobile.

The only knock on him is his age which is not the end of the world in todays day and age and how QB’s are protected. He is probably the QB with the least amount of question marks in this draft class.

What is he like 46? Don’t follow College Football but I keep seeing this about his age.

1 Like

no back up just to piss the OP off.

I believe Moseley would love a shot as a backup QB but obviously he would have to beat out Fox. I’m all for using a 6th round pick on a QB. The fact is to run training camp you really need 4 QB’s. Deep class of tier 2 QB’s, they’ll get er done.

We could see something like that. The thing is, if were going to compete for the division or we expect to make a deep playoff push, a backup becomes more important. Maybe Wolford is good enough? I think they need something better than Blough and Co. They need the next step up. If they go QB in the first, or second, maybe the calculus changes, but I would bet they’ll put another vet in that rookie’s ear besides for Goff.

1 Like

Yeah but Hooker is like 30 years old

25 year old.

1 Like

Prefer Claritin-D myself.

3 Likes

January 13, 1998–25 years old, but I get your point. That’s why he seems like a better candidate for the bottom of Round 2 or Round 3.

1 Like

Yep it will change. It’s not even worth being concerned about. There is zero % chance the Lions won’t have a backup QB when the preseason starts.

Properly evaluating risk in day to day life is lost on many. That’s why we see so many irrational over reactions so often.

2 Likes

I’m guessing we won’t. I think we have Goff and then Sudfeld, or someone equivalent to Sudfeld will be signed. I can see a QB in later rounds.

I would be willing to bet $100 this does not happen. Doesnt seem Holmes like with so many other positions to fill.

Well you didn’t do your homework
IuP

Titans, colts in a trade down, raiders, packers, jets… i could keep going. To get hooker with the extra yr might be a long game play for any team without a young top qb.

1 Like

The punt god will fill all 3 roles this year.

1 Like

Holy shit - Please say it ain’t so?

I can’t wait to see Montgomery w/o that hat. I’m pretty sure he shaved his head for his move to Detroit.

1 Like

I think he shaved his balls as well

It was obviously sarcasm.

2 Likes