Lions have picked their QBs for the senior bowl

Malik Willis

Sam Howell

Bailey Zappe

Ridder, Pickett, and Carson Strong will work with the Jets coaches.

This has John Dorsey written all over it.

5 Likes

How does the picking work? Is it like the school yard? Flip a coin?

1 Like

I didn’t know they got to pick their players either… interesting!

1 Like

I need more information!! :thinking::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

2 years ago: Oh look, the Lions are coaching the senior bowl! That’s cool.

This year: The senior bowl is must watch TV for any Lions fan.

7 Likes

Prayers my request for “more information” is answered!!

It’s great that they get to work first hand with Willis and Howell. Too bad they couldn’t get Strong too.

2 Likes

Already have Fox. How much stronger do you need to get?

7 Likes

paper

2 Likes

Except our staff had no say in any players being selected. This is all Phil Savage and the staff from the Senior bowl and over a years worth of scouting that select the players and divide the teams

2 Likes

Well I have no idea about that. Everything I’ve seen said the teams must have picked them but I guess that isn’t true.

So, the Senior Bowl staff picks the players?

To b honest, I ever put any thought into how the players are selected, so I’m interested to know.

1 Like

@HSVLion …can you link the articles?

This seems like it could be an advantage/disadvantage for either team coaching. Are the QB’s designated to a team by Senior Bowl officials? Lottery selection?

I’m also interested in knowing how the QB’s were selected.

I just saw it on Instagram. Judging by what Chris Burke tweeted I’d imagine that the Senior Bowl announced it, because he linked their tweet about it. I’ll look and get back to you. I didn’t see anything saying that the teams blatantly selected the players, but I also didn’t see anything that said they were directly appointed by the teams. I interpreted it as the teams picked them. I’ll get back to this when I get a chance.

1 Like
1 Like

I’m really glad to see them get Willis and Zappe. They get to size those guys up and see them up close and personal.

2 Likes

Here’s a link to the whole roster.

3 Likes

I had no idea that Devin Lloyd and Jaquan Brisker were going to be there.