Lions Hire Brayden Coombs As ST Coordinator

The tighter the ass, the more they want them as a coach!

Think I stumbled into the wrong thread by mistake

3 Likes

It’s still a nice snap shot imho of who they are

Trying to bring down the mean average of coaching weight.

1 Like

Apparently he is friends with Marvin Jones.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Makes sense, Marvin was there when Coombs started coaching and they’re about the same age.

1 Like

Stumble… just don’t fall. It can leave a guy vulnerable.

1 Like

I had made a comment about him, his dad and Okudah. Then I read another paragraph realizing the date I had to erase my comment. Not poo-pooing the article, I just had to erase my wholly irrelevant comment.

1 Like

I saw on twitter people make omg the connection between father/son and okudah. It’s all plausible. It’s safe to say that brown young and okudah all Fill needs that this defense has…think all 3 are great prospects.

Is there a connection to Okudah though? Kerry Brayden is a coach with the Titans currently.

Oh sorry, I thought you were referencing the connection. Yes, there is. Kerry was Okudah’s secondary coach for a bit at OSU…according to Dave Birkett.

Makes me wonder if Kerry Coombs might be coming here as either DC or Secondary coach?

4 Likes

I have heard others wondering that as well…I’m kinda curious myself.

1 Like

That is my thinking, there has been no word on guys being interviewed for DC. He would be a solid choice and would probably relish the opportunity to coach on the same staff as his son.

That would lead to the question of, would we draft one of the OSU players at 3 and if both were available, who would it be. I actually salivate at the thought of Slay and Okudah on the outside with Coleman in the slot.

I kinda have the feeling that MP wanted Kerry for either DC or DB coach and that Kerry agreed to come to DET but requested that MP hire his son as ST coach. Just a hunch

One things for sure and that’s the Lions will have an inside track on all OSU players. Which could result in us drafting one.

Love the way you guys piece things together
It all sounds plausible

Lol - then reality happens and blows It all to shit!!

The Lions really have to cut down the # of penalties on their ST’s. I Hope this guy can bring it. Sometimes nepotism in the NFL develops a diamond in the rough. Most times not. Let’s hope for the former.

Interesting