Lions hosting Nakobe Dean for a visit

4 Likes

Leah Remini Please GIF by TV Land

Please God let him become a Detroit Lion.

10 Likes

If he made it to 32 or 34 that would be incredible. Thibs/walker, leal/mafe, dean/harris/cine/hill. I would be ecstatic with a combination like those for the 1sr 3 picks. Prefer a trade down but wouldnt be upset with that. Heard a guy today on the radio saying that you cant take walker because he is only going to be a DE but thibs will be multipositional… am i wrong for thinking that is the exact opposite of reality?

1 Like

I could have sworn I read that Walker was one of the most versatile DLs in this draft. I could be wrong?

4 Likes

There’s going to be a heck of a lot more fireworks and trades in the next 4 weeks. I’d be good with KT or Walker at 2, I’d be even better with a trade down… and I’d actually be ok if we took Willis. I dunno… this is shaping up to be a pretty crazy draft year, but I’ve thought that before and then everything goes according to mocks for the most part.

Trade down is still my preference but I trust the lions brass is doing over and above their due diligence.

1 Like

Wait there was a thread that the Lions were all set at LBer……

7 Likes

This dude can cover! We need that so BADLY at LB.

2 Likes

I think our strategy on defense should be just draft Bulldogs!! Get as many as you can.

Grab Walker, Jordan Davis and Dean with our first 3 picks and get a bulldog for MC/DC to take care of on the sidelines.

College Football Bulldogs GIF by University of Georgia

6 Likes

I can see Dean as an inside LBer here. A guy to legit push Anzalone day one. That would be great.

Walker is an Aaron Donald type player. He lines up all over.

4 Likes

I was just about to say the same thing. I think that was just more BS put out by Jeff “the hack” Risdon.

3 Likes

Except that he was never dominant in college the way Donald was.

5 Likes

Corey Redding might be a better comp.

4 Likes

Redding was pretty good for a few years.

1 Like

Did he end up going to Seattle? I always forget.

Seatlle and then the Steelers, he had a long career.

2 Likes

Back to the topic I too really want Dean. Not simply bc I think he’s a great LBer (and one who excels in coverage for that matter) but I think his smarts and leadership make him a potential force multiplier.

4 Likes

I hope so! Although that sounds like Davis when we drafted him.

You had to bring him up, didn’t you?! :rofl:. Jk

1 Like

Was Davis a scholar? Dean is supposed to be brilliant. 4.0 as an engineering major.