Lions lead the NFL in explosive plays

4 Likes

Fantastic! Loving it all!
So proud of the guts’n’determination…the coaching…the execution (less missed tackles, fewer penalties)

THE FOCUSED AND IMMOVABLE FAITH IN THE MISSION

THIS is what Dan Campbell has created, and we’re not even close to the ceiling.

1 Like

Nice find. The embedded Brian Baldinger video is worth a watch. He’s loving himself some Detroit Lions oline.

1 Like

Just a bunch of good dudes on this team (click Twitter link). A shout out to Micheal Brockers too. I know he gets a lot of shit for his play but I’m quite impressed with his attitude which comes to the forefront during his interviews with Tim Twentyman (If one man isn’t enough then twenty isn’t too many). I can see why the staff wants to keep him around for a bit.

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1573067333949685762?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1573067333949685762|twgr^c2f80b7eba3af8ffce92a21a50a2e95410306080|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.prideofdetroit.com%2F2022%2F9%2F23%2F23368254%2Fdetroit-lions-offense-leads-nfl-explosive-plays

1 Like

2 games at home can be dismissed as a fluke.

Minny shut down Green Bay at home and held them to 7 points. They held Philly to 24 points in Philly. That would lead us to believe that Minny has the best defense we have faced so far.

It’s a tough road though.

I don’t think Minny’s defense is good enough to stop our running game unless they keep 7-8 in the box at all times. That means that a team has to decide. Try and stop running game or try and stop Goff.

2 Likes

On the flip side… the Rams offense isn’t getting the chunk plays they were able to hit last year… as injuries and the Oline have forced them to lean on shorter passing game.

1 Like

I remember when Mooch kept talking about explosive plays, and how important 20+ yard plays were in NFL football. He struggled to actually get them with his run up the middle, slant, then draw offense…but his point was still valid. :rofl:

2 Likes

Interesting that Goff has more Air Yards per Attempt this year and Stafford is near the bottom of the list which is a total 180 from last year, it’s almost like an O-line, O-coordinator, and WR’s matter.
I think I saw Matt finished 6th last year, now he’s 27th. Goff is 8th right now and last year he finished 31st.

1 Like

Mooch’s explosive offense…

1 Like

Super-interesting.

Barring injury, that’ll never hold up → just not who he is/how he plays.

I think they’ll both improve a TON.

1 Like

Like I’ve said before, when has McVay had a bad offense? They’ll get it figured out but if their O-line can’t keep Stafford upright, they might be forced to a shorter passing game. Not to mention, Allen Robinson needs to get involved more. I’m not sure if it’s his fault or Staffford’s or McVay’s but he’s on pace for 40 catches on the season and 550 yards. That’s not good production for what they paid him.

1 Like

Agree w/all of this

Stafford had an average at best OLine in Detroit his entire career. One of his two games is against the best defense in the NFL. Too much stock being put into 2 games on both sides. Stafford creates explosive plays with his throwing ability. By mid season, the rams will be where they are supposed to be. And hopefully we can stay close to where we are at now.

1 Like

Cuz everyone wants to say “I told you so”
I predicted the “I told you so” crowd would be off the hinges this year, and it’s already started.
Lions will post more wins than any team in the past. What some will see “goff posted more wins than Matt ever could.”
I understand where the comments come from, but I also feel ike it’s no different than saying “Swift won more games than Barry Sanders.”

The engine of this machine is Dan Campbell.
All of our guys are put in position to succeed by all other players/coaches/the machine that has been built.

We have never seen that before in Detroit.
Not close.

4 Likes

I don’t understand the I told you so mentality. Like do those who love to hammer it home realize they whiffed 5 times prior?

Either way the Lions haven’t been this fun to watch in years! Excited to see if they can keep it rolling. And really excited for Jamos return. I hope Goff doesn’t continue to force feed ARSB, but realize it might take a little time to mesh with Jamo. By the end of the year I hope the target share between the two is closer to 50/50 than 75/25. What are defenses going to do with Swift, Williams, and ARSB? That’s as good a top three as I can think of in the league. And the complimentary pieces are really solid as well.

3 Likes

Wait till Ben realizes that Goff is a perfect Run and Shoot type QB.
Dre, Jamo, Chark, Reynolds, St. Brown.
Barryball with a QB!

2 Likes

That is impossible to tell, until we are in playoff runs.
We may be in one now, but it’s too early to know for sure.

The “I told you so” crowd would make a comment like that, as it is an “I told you so,” statement.

Yes! Best Lions team we’ve ever had by a mile…especially when this is all said and done. We’re only getting warmed up!

2 Likes

And Harrison Smith is out…if they want to stack the box, Goff has to make them pay. Can’t be missing Chark this week.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.