Lions make more moves

Sign Bo Scarbrough and punter Matt Wile.

No harm in trying Bo out, but the punter signing is curious. Anyway, not going to do much of anything. Just a idiot GM making moves for the sake of reminding fans that he’s still stealing a paycheck.

Must have traded Diggs so that we had a spot for a 2nd punter. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excited to see if Bo knows …

1 Like

A punter? Weird.
He does kick off, like Martin, as well. In his pro career, which is limited, he has a better net average than Martin (on punts). Still…weird. I’m so glad we’re plugging some obvious holes on this team!

2 Likes

Kind of reeks of desperation on Quinn’s part. Team is imploding, while he sat on his ass at the trade deadline and is also sitting on 20 million dollars that could have been spent to really help the actual football team. He’s in minor panic mode because he’s on the hook for firing a coach and replacing him with a worse coach/team.

The good thing for him is that his owner is clueless and will probably give him an extension and let him hire another staff and rebuild again.

1 Like

Well, to be fair to Quinn, you need two teams to tango. I’ll give him benefit of the doubt if an unfair trade proposal emerged and he passed on it. But we’ll never know.

Narcissism’s finest

2 Likes

This is not an accurate statement. Quinn has been linked to multiple trade attempts at the deadline. Unfortunately none of them were sealed but saying he sat on his ass is incorrect :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

We don’t know to what extent those efforts were. I mean, if Drake went to AZ for a low round draft pick, couldn’t we have made a better offer? We had just acquired an extra 5th. I believe he made calls. But didn’t reall want to make moves.

1 Like

Good GMs execute good trades, not just think about maybe making a trade. He gets paid to get a job done, not look into it. He failed.

1 Like

You talk a lot … of nothing

Just truths and facts. Sorry the truth hurts.

So, make a deal no matter if you get fleeced or not? This is what it sounds like you are stating.

No, that’s what he did with Diggs. Gave away a solid player for nothing, while Drake went elsewhere for next to nothing and he watched.

If you aren’t buying, then he should have been selling. He did nothing. Purgatory. That’s what Quinn is. A human version of purgatory.

1 Like

You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to state that is total nonsense

2 Likes

A player who is hurt and not playing on his new team, a 5th round pick who was traded for a 5th round pick. Or, according to Quinn’s draft history a player like Diggs, Dahl, Crosby or Oruwariye. I don’t see what’s so worth getting worked up over. He’s a $12m player over the next 2 years being exchanged for a player that will cost peanuts, whether it’s a home run pick or a bust. That $12m will come in handy.

1 Like

that would be a painful story to carry in your life, even if it’s just meant to a bit of condescending, narcissistic, inflammatory hyperbole.

Look at the thought and language patterns that show up in the name of being significant (having to feel better or more important than others)

If you have a problem with one or two people, it may be some of their stuff. If everyone thinks you’re an ass…it may be time to take a look in the mirror.

5 Likes

I totally understand that logic, but we are already sitting on 20 million of unspent money while the team is full of holes. So, that 12 million dollars COULD be spent to help the team, or it could be unspent like the 20 that is currently in Martha’s sock drawer.

2 Likes

Just read where our punter has an abdominal injury… hence the addition of a punter

2 Likes

Superbowl here we come.

1 Like

Lol - as fans?! :crazy_face:

1 Like