Lions Ranked #12

Way higher than I would expect. Starting to get some national attention. #1 scoring offense in the league will start to do that.

Where do you think we rank?

4 Likes

Personally, based on not enough data? I think we are probably a middle of the pack NFL team. Which I will absolutely take from a team that won three games last year, never mind the recent history before that.

6 Likes

Funny, I was thinking the same exact thing that the Lions are a middle of the pack team which is a big improvement. That offense alone vaults them into the mid tier and it’s not even firing on all cylinders yet.

4 Likes

When the defense gets going like we saw in the 1st half yesterday, we could be a dangerous team. We showed some glimpses yesterday of what the pass rush could be capable of. Obviously it slowed down in the 2nd half with Hutch being banged up though.

Imagine if we had Levi, Paschal and Romeo. The D-line might actually be a real strength some day if they ever got healthy. That’s a big if though.

2 Likes

If we truly can get to #12 and these things arent a function of competition, would be incredible to mess around and be in the playoff mix then you just see what happens. Not predicting but that sure would be something.

1 Like

And they’re going to need to constantly pressure the QB because there’s a lot of holes at the second and third level mainly due to youth.

2 Likes

I think we have a chance to beat two teams in front of us, Packers and Vikings. Are we better than them? Maybe, maybe not. But if our D can put together a complete game we will be.
I’d sure take a division title.

2 Likes

I’d be very happy with splitting the games against those two & sweeping the bears. Then the following year expectations of going 5-1 in division play

3 Likes

Our remaining schedule using those rankings:

@9, 28, @26, @18, 7, 10, @22, @25, 23, 9, @29, @31, 22, @10

1 Like

We have a lot of winnable games on the schedule.

3 Likes

If you just assume we win against lower ranked teams and lose against higher ranked teams, we’d finish 11-6, which would be pretty darn good. But both the Vikings and the Packers would be above us…

Regardless, I’d consider an 11-6 season to be a success. Of course, these are rankings after 2 weeks of the season, so take all of this discussion with a huge grain of salt…

4 Likes

If our run offense can do this week in and week out we have a chance every Sunday. Going up to Minnesota should tell us a lot.

And the good news is they will be coming off tonight’s Monday night game.

1 Like

Currently, only for this week, there are 6 winless teams… and we aren’t one of them! :crazy_face:

That make the lowest we should be ranked 26th imho

There are 18 teams (without MNF) 1-1 and we are one of those teams…. Hard to quantify at this point but I would put us around 20-22 imho until we prove we can win consistently…

2 Likes

Jeremy Cluff, the writer for Yahoo Sports, who wrote this ranking, had some pretty funny stuff in there. If you only chose to read about the Lions I would encourage you to go back and read what he wrote about some of the other teams.

"# 1. Buffalo Bills (1)

We’re keeping them No. 1 until we see the result of their game on Monday night against the Titans. We’re guessing they’ll stay No. 1 after we see that result."

That’s awesome!

I’m ecstatic about a 12 overall ranking after two weeks. Who wouldv’e thunk it? Beat the Vikings next week and we are top 10 material boys.

1 Like

I’ll take just getting to next Sunday without anyone else going down injured. Screw the rankings.

2 Likes

I think our D is going to do okay against slightly immobile, below average QB’s … for at least half of a game. lol

I was watching Sandman’s slowlights, and it was pretty clear how much tunnel vision Wentz could get … he left a TON of yards on the table in the first half. He had options to run, or hit an open checkdown, and seemed to be super cautious of both. He looked like he was overthinking things. ( Quite possibly a result of being pressured a couple of times early)

1 Like

It’s funny they have us above the giants at 2/0….

Also - between us, vikes and greenbay, our division seems tough already….

An 11-6 season would be a huge success

2 Likes

Massive. Not letting myself go there even though it does seem at least somewhat attainable. Win in Minny and I’ll probably fall over into the Sea of Kool-Aid though

Don’t know how they can do power rankings when four teams have half the games of the other 28.

Not that I disagree with them, but couldn’t they wait a day? When Tennessee upsets Buffalo won’t that change things a smidge?