Lions re-sign Nate Sudfeld

3 Likes

QB controversy? :laughing:

3 Likes
3 Likes

God I hope you’re joking. If not, they better draft a first or second round QB. Yup, I’m extremely disappointed that is the best we can do for a backup QB. Holmes certainly hasn’t done better as of now, at QB.

I would almost put money on seeing a Day 1 or 2 QB. But who knows, maybe Sudfeld is the Will Harris of the offense and the team just loves him!

1 Like

After reading our posts here on THE DEN, Brad Holmes decided we’ve got to have at least 1 Nate on the team. Preferably as the QB

1 Like

pretty much expected this. I am sure they will draft a QB but they need a vet presence and will need some camp bodies as well.

4 Likes

You may be right. They may love him. I just don’t see him winning many games for us if Goff gets injured for any length of time. Hopefully we don’t have to find out.

1 Like

The majority of backup QB’s have been signed. The only guys left who I would say are clearly a better option than Sudfeld is Matt Ryan, Teddy Bridgewater, and maybe Cam Newton.

The rest if the FA market is guys like Flacco, Trevor Siemian, Blaine Gabbert, Mason Rudplph, etc. I’ll take Sudfelds experience in this system over those guys. I personally was hoping for Bridgewater myself.

2 Likes

hey @Martymcfly2017 ……

did you loan them your car???

1 Like

Anyone projecting how he would do with us good or bad is just taking a wild guess. We don’t even know what the guy looks like in a preseason game, much less a regular season game for us.

7 Likes

Yes, the team loves him.

And no one knows what he is capable of. I assume he isn’t Patrick Mahomes, but also somewhere north of Carson Wenz

1 Like

back to the future car GIF by Turner Classic Movies

1 Like

True, but if you look at his history it isn’t impressive. I’m predicting on what i see just as you are guessing he’ll do well if called upon to win games. Time will tell.

How much is guaranteed?

Is this bad for a backup?

3 Likes

Definitely drafting a QB. I would like to think day 2. We’ll see.

2 Likes

I never said he would do well. I literally have no clue. Any suggestion one way or the other is just a wild guess.

Yep, they’re drafting a QB.
Kind of glad that they’re not splurging on backup QB, save those $$$ for bigger impact guys.

1 Like

Lamar and AR15 ?