Lions Re-Signing Danny Amendola

He was the 49th “highest” paid wr in football last year. He was 32nd in catches. Top 10 in first down %. Highest catch rate on team and top 20 in football. All that while being the #3. If you can’t see value in that and want that back then nothing satisfies you unless it’s probowler at every single position. This is a great move imo

6 Likes

We can disagree without being disagreeable.

3 Likes

An extra 1-1.5 million from what he got last year isn’t the end of the world one way or another but go off.

1 Like

I don’t mind the signing but it’s unreasonable to expect the same production from year to year from a 35 year old.

Fair to disagree for sure.
You value certain players higher than some, and vice versa. That’s fine.
I’m looking at Ted Ginn (same age, less production), who’s salary this year is $3.5m. Which, in my opinion is too much. But if thats the going rate for a guy that age and sees an average amount of looks, who are we to say anything really. It’s simply what I think Amendola may have been looking for.

1 Like

agreed on expectations. But he could help developing a young guy who I hope we draft and steps up into the #3 by mid season and #2 next year. Plus at some point Jones will get hurt so it’s nice to have a guy like Danny A

Hahahahaha…you’re amazing…

Glad we re-signed Danny. Good player, leader, good for the locker room

1 Like

So do we resign Kearse?

WR’s now have the 3rd highest Franchise Tag number at 18.491M less than 1M less than DE’s at 19.316. If you can fill one of your starting WR spots with a productive guy who knows the offense and is going to be in the spot he’s supposed to be in most of the time. Bonus. We better be featuring the TE more this year to justify an 8OA pick at that position last year. Golladay is a legit number one, Jones a legit number 2. So sure, bring a draft pick along, but this is a good signing, because he walks in knowing the offense cold and not having a learning curve as a starter matters. To some we suck for creating holes and suck for filling them, so…

2 Likes

Lol - that called “Acceptance” which no one believes in anymore!

Keeping Amendola is a good move IMHO, and I thought Marvin Hall did a good job for the #4 or #5 WR spot. They might draft a WR on Day 3, but I think they should be looking at OTs and DTs, plus a CB. I say this expecting them to extend Glasgow or sign a quality OG.

1 Like

Didn’t wait long to crucify them…you did it in the next sentence. You’ve been around long enough to know he is getting over 2M. Right? And if you are the betting man you claim to be, you should bet he is getting over 3M.

I agree price matters but so does fit/talent and I am happy with the signing.

1 Like

Happy about this

No issue with bringing back Amendola …my issue will stem from the depth behind him , in particular the lack of talent waiting in the wings .
If Quinn has our slot receiver production tied to a 35 year old with out real talent or a plan behind him, this would be a miserable fail and would show Quinn has learned nothing from previous mistakes and how we have to start street FA’s because he lacked foresight…
Amendola’s skills dropped considerably most of his production came in just a few games in 2019 , he’s a solid vet with a head full of knowledge I hope to GOD we have someone this season soaking it up .

2 Likes

Behind him? He shouldn’t be the starting slot receiver, he should be behind someone else adding the depth.

3 Likes

Remember he also had catches in 15 of 16 games… in 13, he accounted for at least one pass over 10 yards…

65 rec in 15 games: 4 catches a game or This guy averaged making one catch a qtr for all but one game …

1 Like

Woohooooooooooo!

1 Like

Glad to see Amendola back, he seems to have plenty of gas left in the tank still. I’m a little surprised he decided to stay but glad he did.

1 Like

If he fails to draft a WR from this draft class then I’ll probably be disappointed.

I really want to see him add a quality WR in the first 3 rounds. If we trade down and acquire picks then this should be an easy task to accomplish.