Lions Rumor- Trade for Atlanta's #4 pick

Again? Isn’t there a lifetime limit for quitting a team?

Being how I’ve been a season ticket holder since 1993 I can say with certainty I’ve never quit on the Lions but if we trade up for a TE … I am confident I’ll lose it, cancel my season tickets and not look back.

You’d be “leaving just before the miracle” as they said in every Lions Addiction 12 step program since 1957…

3 Likes

Smoke screen that the Lions are interested in taking a QB, in order to generate more interest from other teams looking for QB and hoping someone gets desperate to move up and fork over draft picks.

3 Likes

What are the odds Atlanta can trade with Detroit and get the same player they covet at 4?

I bet you its greater than some of those other teams.

I would definitely get on the phone and see what they want if Justin Fields is on the board.

Bingo! Now that the Panthers are off the table. They need teams to think they are considering taking a QB to get a trade back. Total mind game (hopefully)

1 Like

This is my read too. Starting to look like nobody is going to want to trade up to #7? Get your name out there as seriously thinking about taking a QB, and then if one of the top guys falls to you, you’ve got a market.

I’d be surprised by a move like this, just because the way they’ve handled Goff, it sure has seemed like they were going to give him a real chance to win the job. But if it’s legit–if Dorsey thinks there’s a QB worth trading up for there–I’m OK with it.

1 Like

I’m guessing that unless Zack Wilson inexplicably falls to No 4 overall, the Lions wouldn’t trade up to No. 4. Quite frankly, if Wilson was there at No. 4, I think the Falcons take him and don’t trade down.

1 Like

I would love to get one of the top 4 QB’s, but in no way do I want to trade up for him. Let the draft fall to us. I don’t think we’re trading up. No how no way.

3 Likes

Goff wouldn’t have been included in the Stafford deal if they were thinking about moving up for a QB…they could have bridged the gap with someone much cheaper.

I don’t understand why everyone is so concerned about trading down, pick a legit starter at 7 and go from there.

Until MC/DC goes on a 3 game winning streak to start the season and your calling up to beg for your tickets back, lol. The Lions are like a crazy ex girlfriend you just can’t break up with, trust me I know from experience.

GIF by simongibson2000

1 Like

And Dorsey can convince Brad. I know it’s all kumbaya, empathy and understanding in the FO, but Brad will be pulling the trigger.

Because there’s only 552 hours before the draft and I can tell you who I’d take at #7 right now.

1 Like

For sewell to get ahead of cincy and miami maybe for fields or lance. No

The irony is had we not beat Atlanta, we wouldn’t need to trade up with Atlanta.

2 Likes

Beanz man, gotta get dem beanz.

The draft is a Lions fan’s Superbowl, the more picks the more we win, unless it’s Tavai, Hockenson, Ebron, Tabor, or some dumbass pick we don’t agree with (notice I didn’t include Okudah @Air2theThrown, positional value be damned).

If we had beaten Atlanta, we would be sitting at pick 12 with 3 firsts in 22 and 3 more in 23 and early favorites to win the SB in 25.

confused confusion GIF

Meant to say “lost” to Atlanta.

Same look I get when I order unsweetened tea in Tennessee.

1 Like