Lions Select Cornerback

whaaaaat?

And if a frog had wings he wouldn’t bump his ass when he hopped.

I kind of get it but let’s see how the board falls. If QB is not there then DL has to be the first option.

Not a fan of corners super early. Its one of the easiest positions in the league to trade for or pick up in free agency.

3 Likes

It’s ironic because he literally today had foot surgery and is out indefinitely.

This kid was a one hit wonder as a freshman.

Count me out on Stingley.

1 Like

I prefer this CBS Sports mock:

Lions at Pick 3: Malik Willis, QB, Liberty
Lions at Pick 29: Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State

3 Likes

I would be ok with that. I love both of those guys.

I just think there’s no way we don’t go defense this draft.

Trade Decker for another 1st rounder. Draft Malik, a mobile guy who can handle pressure off the right side. Then you’ve still got two first rounders and pick 35ish to draft a top WR and two defenders.

grinch smile GIF

1 Like

QB, QB, QB!!! Get the best QB from the draft. The oline should be solid enough to take the best QB.

Draft remaining pieces afterwards

He’s probably the most naturally talented guy relative to his position in the entire draft. His sophomore slump followed by the injury is a concern. But that guy we saw Freshman year … very, very rare.

I would be very surprised if we went QB with our first pick. I don’t think it is a great QB class and we need multiple play makers on defense. I’d expect edge, secondary and WR to be our first three picks.

I’d also expect there to be some vets added at WR and corner/safety as well. OLine, RB and TE are ok only need a day three pick or one year FA additions.

I haven’t a clue what we do at middle line backer, the FA class is not exactly inspiring.

QB can kicked down the road to the 2023 draft and when we can get out from Goff’s contract.

2 Likes

Its very early, and things could change, but I’m sold on none of these QBs this year.

Give me the pass rusher

I think KT should be the clear number 1 on our board. The problem is that’s going to be the case for most teams and I still believe we’re more likely to pick in the second five than the first five.

5 teams will have worse records???

Who??

How???

3 Likes

Agreed - NO way we pick 6th.
I’m thinking 1-3

3 Likes

I mean, nobody in our division will be worse.
Nobody in the NFC West.
Nobody in the AFC West.

Good chance one of Miami or the Jets.
Jax.

Mmmm…annnd…ummm…Atlanta? Maybe?

Not seeing us picking any worse than 4th really

We are 0-4 with a defense that looks as bad or worse than our worst defense in team history last year. Just as we hit a part if the schedule where we have some maybe winnable games, we lose Ragnow and Rokwara. Flowers is still MIA. Will Harris’ feet sleep with the fishes. The Anal Zone is deteriorating. Khalif Raymond may have just had the best game anyone will have at WR all year. By the end of the year we’ll be playing that cop from Die Hard at safety, Kwame Kilpatrick at DE and Akil Baddoo at WR1.

Yeah, nope.

2 Likes

We need to call Atlanta and make sure Gurley knows to go down after he gets the first down, this year.

1 Like

I mean, 90s boy bands are calling us talent starved

1 Like

Even these guys

milli vanilli fraud GIF

4 Likes

It depends on a return to health of our OL. Personally I still believe in this coaching staff from a player development standpoint.

I think we beat the Bengals, Eagles, Falcons, Bears at home and maybe the Steelers or the Packers (if they’re sitting players).