Lions sign CB Cam Sutton (3yr - $33m, $22.5m guarenteed)

Was expecting a low key guy like Troy Hill

Bold move Holmes

A few of you guys mentioned him, good call!

Congrats :tada: let’s gooooo

EDIT - no bye bye Will Harris, WELCOME BACK WILL at your 1million cap hit CBA special that @DeadStroke knows about

4 Likes

Well now there is an upgrade! Finally something lol.

I thought some thought we wouldn’t be active in FA? A little more than I thought they would go, but I do like this signing. Now I have to find his PFF stats.

1 Like

Which round comp pick would that cancel? 6th rounder?

1 Like

This article is great for those who want to know more:

5 Likes

Next up hopefully will be Dalvin Tomlinson

3 Likes

sign one draft one. perfect way to add depth and turn weakness into strength on paper.

5 Likes

Dude can play inside & outside bringing versatility to the weakest unit on the team. I like it

3 Likes

@HSVLion and I were just talking about him yesterday and I was saying I have run into a few times here in Pittsburgh because a lot of the athletes lives in Sewickley outside the city and you see them around at the local Starbucks and the deli’s etc. Really cool dude, nice guy…hard ass worker. good tackler…shows up in the big moments…TOUGH…

11 Likes

Holmes making some moves after all!! Great pickup!

3 Likes

So we kind of knew this was coming right? Maybe not at that price point but still.

We’re probably done now right?

1 Like

“I talked to Cam” is the new codeword.

Book it.

2 Likes

Hopefully it cancels Evan Brown and we can still get beans from Chark / AA/ Will Harris

3 Likes

Good corner, matches up with #1 receivers, no matter if they’re outside or in the slot… He’s a good signing at a good price

5 Likes

I dunno. The price point being thrown around was 8 million. He is worth the money he is getting. He fits better and he is coming from a really good culture and a really good defensive system. Now the other part of my dream FA is Tremaine Edmunds…I know I know…I say all the time the lions bargain bin dive for LB’s but a guy can dream can’t he? LOL.

5 Likes

Is there any chance @DeadStroke can run some numbers for us and tell us where we’re at now?

1 Like

I am good with this as well. Yes.

1 Like

Nice! Another pick at 18 and CB should be fixed.

1 Like

Feels like Sutton one one side with Okudah and Jacobs fighting for starter snaps on the other side. Add a rookie this staff loves, in whatever round, as depth - and things look a whole lot better than last year!

2 Likes

Let’s get our own guys back too!
Cominsky please!
of course Williams
Elliot wouldn’t hurt
Board for special teams.

AND while we are at it Chark

3 Likes