Lions Sign DJ Chark

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

The #Lions are expected to sign former #Jaguars WR DJ Chark, source said. They get their big-ticket pass-catcher.

6 Likes

In this market, I think thats a solid deal for both sides. Wouldn’t be surprised if they added a void year to spread the cap hit.

1 Like

God damn you and always beating me by half a second.

2 Likes

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

·

2m

Deal with D.J. Chark expected to be worth up $12 million, per source.

Quote Tweet

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

· 5m

Former Jaguars’ WR D.J. Chark intends to sign a one-year deal with the Detroit Lions, per source.

1 Like

That’s actually a bargain considering what Kirk just got. I’d be happy if there was some kind of 2nd year attached.

I havent checked for over an hour just happened to check twitter.

For DJ Chark, it’s a 1-year deal worth $10M fully guaranteed. https://t.co/7cibMVQhxN

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 15, 2022

That’s a nice deal for the Lions.

4 Likes

Lions signed D.J. Chark, formerly of the Jaguars, to a one-year contract worth up to $12 million.

With the Jaguars adding a cavalcade of free agent wideouts on Monday, it was clear Chark was headed elsewhere. The Lions, with one of the league’s worst wide receiver groups, offered Chark, 25, a one-year prove-it deal after he missed most of the 2021 season with a broke ankle. He broke out in 2019, posting 73 catches for 1,008 yards and eight touchdowns as a highly productive boundary receiver who should pair nicely with slot receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown.

1 Like

I can settle for Chark. Still means I really want a WR at 32/34. As Chark is almost certainly a rental.

But I’m cool with this signing.

8 Likes

Nice get I really dont see them doing much at WR till the draft now go get some D help now.

2 Likes

He was WR2 left on the board in my opinion. To get him at that number is an absolute A+ move by Brad Holmes.

And hopefully he’s leaving money to get Marcus Williams.

I bet Allen Robinson ended up being too expensive.

9 Likes

a prove it deal for 12 million. that’s a good job you don’t have to do if you can get it.

I guarantee you that they were in talks with Robinson, with other teams, and once Kirks numbers got posted, they had to up their ante. Lions knew they weren’t to go that high so they went to option B.

I still think we sign Marcus Williams, but I’ve been wrong a time or two before so…

1 Like

Now if we somehow fit in Marcus Williams I will give this FA offseason an A+

I don’t see it happening, but I willing be :pray:t2:

1 Like

I’m not sure on Williams anymore. But a LB…

I like it. Especially if we could get Marcus Williams too

4.34 speed.
Decent production for a couple of years.
Reasonable contract.
Is there any overlap with any other players or coaches?

Chark has a chance to come in and prove he belongs. Lions could have option to tag him in 2023 now, re-sign him or let him walk and maybe play the comp pick game.

Chark is exactly the type of player you take a one year flyer on.

9 Likes

Todd Wash from Jacksonville? But he coaches D-line.

2 Likes