Lions sign DJ Reader

My biggest hope about the Reader signing is that the Lions’ social media team puts out a number of videos of DJ and a chimpanzee travelling around the country in a semi helping out random people with their troubles.

3 Likes

Clearly, Reader is a vet with media training and a lot of press conference reps under his belt, so it’s possible he’s just saying what needs to be said… but it’s still awesome to read what he’s saying.

I’ll take my shot of off-season Kool-Aid.

2 Likes

BJ and the Bear's Kenworth Aerodyne COE | One of the origina… | Flickr

3 Likes

Oh damn that brought back memories, loved that show

4 Likes

Can You Smell The Rock GIF by WWE
IF YOU SMELLLELOELL OWELLL WHAT THE HOLMES IS COOKIN !

shocked stone cold GIF

4 Likes

LOL…

Reader would go on to discuss his first interactions with Campbell, including the coach’s strong handshake, labeling him the missing piece to the roster, and overall excitement for the defensive tackle to join the team. Then, in the middle of Reader reflecting on the meeting, he mentioned that the Lions only booked him a one-way flight to Detroit but left him hanging with the details of when his return flight would happen.

Adams was quick to pick up on the one-way flight and asked a follow-up question about it.

“I looked at the itinerary and was like, ‘alright, there’s gotta be a flight home,’” Reader explained. “And they was like, ‘Nah.’”

Essentially, the Lions (metaphorically) locked the doors in Allen Park and weren’t planning on letting him leave for home without the two sides reaching an agreement on a new contract.

“That’s the statement from Dan Campbell,” Adams responded. “Burn the boats. This is the Hotel California. You can come but you can never leave—and I bet that feels good?”

1 Like

I’m still listening to this, and thank you for posting, excellent interview. @WestCoastLionsFan appreciate it.

He had great comments on several items.
Goff, Hutch and Detroit.
His Clemson baseball portion was great.

1 Like

Looks like Bob Quinn’s baseball bat finally came in handy

Quinn left the bat behind? Funny i was certain he slept spooning that thing.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.