Lions sign First round pick OT Germain Ifedi

All good my man, been there myself many times.

1 Like

Thought that we are at the “sign one, cut one” stage.

There goes the Darkangelo dream. I was really rooting for that guy, but we’re probably a little full on depth LBs at the moment honestly.

1 Like

Don’t be sad. This allows him to start his career as a magician sooner.

Seems Holmes agrees that’s why he just signed a 5 year starter.

can Ifedi play RG?

1 Like

Why?
Lions have Vaiti, Jackson, Glasgow, Sorsdal at guard. Thats plenty.

1 Like

maybe because I have read many times that RG was our weakest area ?

1 Like

Cub, you’ve got to be kidding me.

First of all, you can’t believe everything you read on the internet. So you have to allow for at least a 5% false information quotient.

Secondly, the Lions don’t have any holes on the team now that Ifedi has been signed. They are at the 90 man roster limit. Now if injuries happen, a hole may develop, but until then…

Have a fun afternoon!

It WILL be next year. And sure its the weakest STARTING position. But hes not here to start. Hes here to be a back.
And OT was definitely the weakest point out of the backups. Sorsdal, glassgow are great backuo IOL
Nelson is a good backup OT.

Whose the 2nd backup? Eze, paulo? Or the UDFAS? Id rather have a vet as back up vs some unproven guys.

He sure can. He’s played more tackle in his career, but he’s started 23 games at right guard. He will be good depth and can back up 2 different spots.

He started 10 games at right guard for the Bears in 2020 and 13 games at right guard for the Seahawks in 2016—his rookie season with Seattle.

2 Likes

I love how many of brads picks are so versatile. No one trick ponies

1 Like

@RickOShea

Ifedi played RG for the first 9 games of 2020 in Chicago.
He played the last 7 games at RT… after Bobbie Massie was lost for the season.

It was his highest rated PFF score of his career.

He played 1066 snaps that year in regular season…
and started the playoff game they had as well.

In 2020… David Montgomery had career highs in rushing yards (1070) and total yards (1508).

4 Likes

I read he is 6’5 325…—Ifedi…

Good to know!

1 Like

I think he beats out all of our bench Tackles. I’m not sure about his ability to play both LT and RT. But he’s the most qualified to be our 3rd Tackle.

1 Like

Agreed.
Lions typically carry 9 OL on their 53 man roster.

Obviously
Decker, Sewell, Ragnow, Jackson, Vaiti.

4 backups,
C/G Glasgow
G/T Sorsdal
T/G Ifedi
T Nelson.

I cant see anyone else beating out those 4

4 Likes

If Big V ever gets healthy, my guess is they’d slide him to RT if there was an injury to Sewell or Decker. Then they’d play Glasgow at RG.

1 Like

Keep your strengths strengths. Let them all fight it out for roster spots and playing time. I think some teams might be waiting to sign our cuts.

1 Like

they must like him to hurry up and sign the guy.