Lions Sign OT Lamm

More competition for Matt Nelson at backup offensive tackle it looks like. He’s started 28 games in his career.

스크린샷 2022-08-08 1.57.53 PM

3 Likes

Camp body.

1 Like

Why does everyone keep retiring?

1 Like

I doubt it, Dan Skipper was our 4th tackle before signing Lamm. Skipper has 0 career starts. Lamm has 28, I bet he makes the team if we keep 4 tackles. Matt Nelson and Lamm being the backups behind Decker and Sewell.

3 Likes

Not really from what I’ve been reading there depth inside is really good but at OT outside of Decker and Peni they been not very good and Nelson and Skipper and the rookie have all struggled badly.

3 Likes

Can’t handle the heat, get out of the kitchen!

3 Likes

Highly doubt it after reading about how poor our second string tackles have been in camp. Nelson, Skipper and the young Udfa have all struggled.

2 Likes

I don’t see the signing as a camp body at all. Dude has lots of experience. I can see him making the team. He is battling the likes of Dan Skipper and Darrin Paulo for a spot.

1 Like

I don’t think all the retirements are by accident (nor by purpose)…

I think DC and the coaches are honest with these guys and what they can and can’t do. If a guy is not able to do something physically either due to natural ability or injury, they probably discuss that realistically with the player and it comes down to: Do you want to play this way forever to compensate? Are you willing to spend all these hours and years of your life knowing you can’t overcome this?

Have a realistic conversation and for some guys, it just doesn’t make sense to continue the journey.

5 Likes

I also just noticed he has 2 career receptions with a TD. 8 less catches then Benson but 1 more touchdown. LOL

5 Likes

Lining up at TE! An O-lineman’s dream!

2 Likes

He’s got some hops too!

1 Like

I don’t know about all that man lol. Campbell just out there telling guys they basically suck and retire doesn’t seem legit to me. :joy:

4 Likes

Far more nuanced and constructive than that. It’s being real with someone on their limitations and learning if they have the drive and passion to overcome.

3 Likes

Or an injury. An injury that will linger the rest of his life. It doesn’t bother him now, and if he doesn’t play another down, it will never get worse from the point it is at now. If he continues to play, it will continue to get worse to the point that it is going to force him to eventually retire anyway and hamper him the rest of his life.

These are tough situations to think about.

2 Likes

Love it!

So he’s a sacrificial Lamm?

2 Likes

Lammm(p)

Lamp Reaction GIF

2 Likes

No freaking kidding, man! What in the actual hell is going on in Allen Park?

I’m in no way saying this is the case, but it will most likely become more of a trend, especially for bubble players, with increased data being put out about CTE. As the confirmation of/life experiences with/episodes/deaths of veterans is further brought to the forefront some players have to be weighing out the risk/reward League minimum of $165k might not be worth the risk for some practice squad guys, or less for those not even making PS. Now, a few million… might be worth the risk for many more players.

2 Likes