Lions sign Quinton Dunbar

I know I sound like a slappy, but I really like the moves they are making. Most of the moves they are making just make sense. Dunbar is going to be cheap, has shown very high end play, and is still young enough to re-sign next year for another 2-3 years if he works out. If he sucks then it isn?t hard to move on.

Just saying a top 5 or Okudah/AO/Dunbar/Elder/Ford isn?t looking that bad. I think odds are very high one of Okudah/AO play like a solid starter this year. If they both don?t Dunbar is waiting in the wings to push them and step in if needed. Elder was a decent nickel last year, but has limited experience. I also thought Ford has held up well in spot appearances and makes nice back end depth. I think a mid round CB who profiles as a slot or even adding another vet like Nelson/Poole/Robey Coleman rounds out the group nicely.

3 Likes

Good signing.

All these 1-year deals make me think they don’t expect to win much this year.

1 Like

I think your wrong not sure they will win who knows but when your on a one year deal you will haul ass or you will be replaced an sure will not be resigned.

Without knowing how much cap goes up Lions will have over 40 million in cap space right now for 2022…You want a 2 or 3 year deal then earn it in 2021

5 Likes

With all the holes on this team they need to go best player available. We need playmakers no matter what position. Game changers. Barry and Megatron were our last.

Why lock yourself into mult-year deals if the Product stinks?..Reload, and try again in 2022, after determining what works and what doesn’t from a scheme standpoint, at a minimum. Not only players, but Coaches have to learn to develop trust and experience with each other, too.

2 Likes

I totally agree. I like these moves. This is a strong signing. The staff has experience with him and he
makes up deeper and he increases competition. I expected this move and it is a good one.

Good move. Guys don’t luck into the level of play he exhibited in 2019, but guys do catch bad breaks to perform like 2020.

Excellent risk reward as long as he isn’t what you are counting on.

3 Likes

Me too. Brad hasn’t been a panic buyer so far, so…

1 Like

I feel like the Lions are kind of building a team of underdogs. A bunch of guys on 1 year prove it deals, lots of draft picks coming in the next couple years, but have “show us what you got” approach to a team in transition.

Even Goff, a couple years left but kind of the disowned child of papa McVay

I’m not saying we’ll win the division, but I don’t think we’ll be that bad this year…

I know… everything looks better in the offseason

5 Likes

If healthy, the dude is talented. He was a WR in college, he’s got ball skills.

2 Likes

Solid signing.

We desperately needed DB help… I’m expecting a safety to be signed as well. Nice insurance policy.

He played WR in college and was converted to CB once he came to the NFL. I think this is probably why he’s been inconsistent. Getting him paired with Pleasant as his coach could pay big dividends.

6 Likes

I think the staff is saying…

We’re here and we’re gonna change this whole Lions thing. part of that is… “we wanna know if you’re a fit, and we wanna know if you think we’re a fit…
So let’s do thing… you do well… we do well… then we’ll…”

2 Likes

Yes exactly! Team in transition but a team of motivation. Prove what you got. Team of underdogs… team of players playing for their careers in a transition year… I think this can play out better than the expected… maybe…

3 Likes

And J-Will

Hoch, Swift, New WR, and New RB (mentioned above)

Word!

That’s what it’s felt like to me, as well.

Like when Hamilton, Billups, Sheed, Ben…James, Campbell came to the Pistons. :wink:

2 Likes

Lol

1 Like

I think @BigNatty has JaVonte Tourette’s.

4 Likes

He’s hoping he’s not alone in giving energy to it :wink:
Law of Attraction

1 Like

Team of underdogs!!! Loved that Pistons team!!!

1 Like

But it could happen…, but not likely … just help in you ease yourself down.

1 Like

Dumars was looking like a genius, assembling that team, having the second overall pick in the draft the year we won the championship…

And then Darko…

2 Likes