Lions sign Ravens G Kevin Zeitler

Zeitler to RG, Graham to LG?

7 Likes

WR is a pretty big need I’d say (can’t put all the eggs into the Jamo basket) but, yeah, the real critical needs of CB and guard have been filled for next season, not to mention an Alim tag team partner. Still have long term needs at CB and guard but Holmes has largely freed himself to go in any direction at the draft.

Blockchain Gaming Cryptogame GIF by The New Resistance

Love this signing!!!

5 Likes

Or Jonah Jackson

2 Likes

Smart signing.

1 Like

Fantastic signing.

Now the draft can be all about adding much-needed depth and a WR.

3 Likes

IMO yes

1 Like

They have the exact same room, minus Reynolds, that they had last year… But with a healthy, not suspended, blossoming JAMO. I do think they draft a receiver in the top 3 rounds though.

8 Likes

This is hard to do. Dude has beat all 32 NFL teams.

It seems to be the same game plan as 2023–fill holes—which allows Holmes flexibility in not having to necessarily draft for need, but the best player available for the Lions.

5 Likes

I think the Reynolds void is a pretty big one. He was hugely important for the Lions last season in critical moments. Jamo is unproven and I just don’t know what DPJ is right now. It’s Amon-Ra and question marks.

I’ve been meaning to tell you guys but these last few weeks I’ve been followed everywhere by a tall, handsome, bearded black man in a hoodie that says, “villain”.

9 Likes

He’s missed 5 games total in the last 9 years.

His last contract was 3 years for $22.5 million and he just made his first Pro Bowl so this won’t be a cheap prove it deal and he’s definitely being brought here to start.

He’s typically played RG so this means Glasgow probably kicks out to LG.

Overall PFF grade was 69.3 last year.

It certainly fills the remaining starting hole. I like it.

3 Likes

Awesome…… exactly the type of signing I had hoped we would make. To be honest I was expecting someone who would come cheaper.

I wonder what we paid?

Solid signing and this allows us to grab an OG in round 3 instead of round one or grab an OT to convert.

I’d still love to land JPJ in round one.

6 Likes

I’ll guess 1 year 10 mill.

DPJ just needs an offseason catching balls from Goff.

It will probably help if Chisten Harper is snapping the ball to Goff…
for all the videos we might see.

I’m not sure if that helps the production during the season…
but it sure as hell helps making those workouts more enjoyable to watch…. so there’s that.

Am I Right Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

3 Likes

When a strong OL is the identity of your team, this is the kind of thing you do. Age aside this is remarkable.

Decker - Glasgow - Ragnow - Zeitler - Sewell

You’re now free to be patient with depth players like Sosdal and this year’s picks.

6 Likes

Rookies are more unproven, right? JAMO had 24 catches, Reynolds had 40… I think it’s fair to say JAMO is in line for a larger role and 65 catches would be exactly what I expect from him. DPJ will surely get some of those targets too. But, all things equal, Reynolds will be replaced by JAMO’s emergence. I still think they had a rookie though.

3 Likes

Exactly.

Especially drafting late in the first, this is exactly the right strategy. We know that everyone’s board is a bit different. Good bet that the Lions are gonna be able to sit tight at 29 and draft someone who’s top-15 on THEIR board, in terms of talent, because they aren’t need-desperate. Could be receiver, edge, OL, CB…

5 Likes

What a distraction sliding his hands up THAT bottom :drooling_face: Goff’s throws may be even more wobbly, if that’s possible.