Lions sign Worley

Our new CB picking off our old QB is embedded

2 Likes

this guy?

Darryl Worley - Have You Forgotten? (Official Music Video) - YouTube

He’s got game and experience…

3 Likes

Had game…

Nice, now if we are signing players that have overcome issues/problems then get Josh Gordon on the horn. He is 50x better than anything we have.

1 Like

As long as John Dorsey is in the front office that will never happen

1 Like

I was actually kind of interested to see what others thought about that Stafford INT… I vaguely remember that game but not the details and especially not where we were when it happened. Without looking it up I forget the importance/letdown/implications of it at the time. But the announcer makes a comment “Stafford is usually smarter than this” or something like that, basically saying it was a bad pass.

Curious as to what the context is… and also if this announcer knew he was smarter QB, what excuse does Chris collinsworth have!?

Ball was in the air before any of the hand-fighting ever took place, so IMO it was 2 things.

1. A really bad throw (unless it was a miscommunication on the route, which it didn’t feel like it). The hand fighting that started at the 5 happened after the release of the ball, however, that one should have been put in a spot where only the WR could have a chance at it (either really high, or back fade shoulder toward corner of end zone). This ball was low and inside. Didn’t give Golliday much of a chance.
  2. it was a bad decision. It was first and 10 (had more chances), with a lead (no pressure to force it or make it happen quickly), with 6 mins left in the half (no time sensitivity).
    Bad pass by my dude. Also a bad decision. would have been a good one to throw high and hope for a miracle catch, or just throw it away. His mechanics on the throw were even bad. Weird play by him.
1 Like

That’s a great breakdown! Yeah my biggest thing watching that play is it was obvious he was throwing a jump ball, but got no elevation on the pass and put it in the worst place possible.

1 Like