Lions Vikings Prediction Thread

I really think with the trade of Golden Tate, the Lions have no chance against the Vikes. With the injury to Staffords hand and him being upset that he was not consulted on the Tate trade he will only complete 30% of his passes. Ziggy will return to the line-up, but he and Snacks will leave the game after the first series with undisclosed injuries. The only bright spot will be the 125 yards rushing yards that Kerryon gets, although 99 of the yards are on the first play of the game after Ameer downs the kick off at the 1 yard line. Lions lose 35-7.

Nice to see some optimism… :joy:

I take it this is the prediction thread?

I think the Lions stack up well against Min. I feel it’s a winnable game.
I believe the Lions will want to establish Tate’s replacement early on. In the first series I think TJ will get the call. TJ goes 4-60 in this game while Golladay racks up 105 yrds and a TD.
KJ gets 8 carries for 45 yrds and 3 catches for 22. Blount gets 7 carries for 24 yrds.
Riddick catches 4 for 39 yrds.
Ziggy starts and looks like Ziggy of old. He’s a monster and racks up 2.5 sacks in the first 6. In of play. But then hurts his hootendooter and is out for the year.
Snacks shows why we traded for him anddominates Min OL.
The Lions sack Cousins 5 times and knock him around. He throws a pick.
Lions 32-Min 27

Minnesota isn’t Seattle. Lions get the ground game going and we’re reminded of the team that won in Miami and beat the hell out of Rodgers and Brady.
Lions 24, Vikings 20

38- 24 Minnesota. I think the Minny receivers torch us especially with Slay not at 100%. I hope I’m wrong since the next two games are critical for a true playoff push.

Won’t make a prediction but the Lions lose this one, the season is effectively over.
That would suck badly.
Can’t say I feel cocky about it …

I hate to say it but I think we lose also.

38- 24 Minnesota. I think the Minny receivers torch us especially with Slay not at 100%. I hope I’m wrong since the next two games are critical for a true playoff push.

Merged this with the similar thread, FYI.

I wish I felt it! Vikes 31 Lions 17.
The Friday before the Seahawks game I spent $1,500.00 on 4 tickets for the Lions Cardinals game in AZ.(Ouch) Row 2 behind the Lions bench off stubhub. Was hoping to see a Lions playoff ready team.
As of now, it looks like I will be watching two teams fighting for the better draft choice.

Vikes 28 Lions 17

Yeah…this is the week where we know who this team really is.

Without Tate, who is going to stick his ass in a Vikings defenders face to win the game in overtime?

We are 3-1 in our last 4 games in Minny. What’s funny is I can’t get the taste of that 1 loss out of my mouth. It was that bad, and its the first thing I think about when we are about to face the Vikings.

I think the style the Vikings have been playing with matches up with what we do well, so I’m gonna say Lions 20-17.

Twist: they may be without Diggs and Rhodes.

Lions 27 Queens 24

I think Lions win this game.
It’s what they do…

**[quote=“checkmate260, post:10, topic:212, full:true”]
I wish I felt it! Vikes 31 Lions 17.
The Friday before the Seahawks game I spent $1,500.00 on 4 tickets for the Lions Cardinals game in AZ.(Ouch) Row 2 behind the Lions bench off stubhub. Was hoping to see a Lions playoff ready team.
As of now, it looks like I will be watching two teams fighting for the better draft choice.
[/quote]

Wow. That’s some serious coin for a football game.

I suspect Diggs doesn’t play and this Slay will cover Thielen…at least that is my hope.

Lions 27 - Vikes 24

TD’s by Golladay, Roberts and KJ
Snacks eats Murray
Cook shreds us for 88 yards and a TD (based off 2 big runs)
Thielen has his 100 yard streak end.

Cook won’t play, I don’t think, their bye is next week and I think the Vikings play it safe.

I am not a believer in the Vikings run defense, despite the talent on that side of the ball. I do think that Kerryon will have some success, but I expect Minny will try to take Kerryon away and force the WR’s to step up. I think the difficulty for the Lions is that they need to get Golladay going. He has been “handled” two weeks in a row and he needs to show you can’t just grab and tug to take him out of the game. I think the game is dependent on two things:

Can the Lions make it difficult for Cousins to be comfortable?

Can Stafford find enough open targets to keep the Offense moving?

My heart - Lions 31 Vikes 30
My head - Vikes 24 Lions 20

My Prediction Lions 26 Vikes 24 as Zimmer makes the critical mistake again of leaving 45 seconds on the clock for Stafford. He drives the Lions down to the Vikes 35 yard line and Prater hits a 52 yarder for the win!