Lions visit with JK Dobbins

No kidding. If they are so easy to find then why can’t we find one.

The Lions haven’t had a quality RB the entire time we’ve had Matt Stafford.

It’s time we changed that.

4 Likes

let’s remember that if we take Dobbins or Swift or Taylor they will be a full-time running back for at least half the year, because at this point Kerry’doff Johnson has proven he can’t play more than a handful of games.

I think it would be a wise investment to spend 35 on which ever of those guys is still there, especially if we’ve done one or even two trade downs and I’ve had two or even three picks prior to that pic

3 Likes
1 Like

I’m all for more picks. I don’t think one player is going to make this team a Super Bowl contender.

I look at what the 49’ers did last season going from the #2 pick to a Super Bowl game in one year. I don’t think the Lions (or many other teams) are that far off from repeating what the 49ers did last year.

Bosa and Deebo were not the final pieces. It was a healthy Jimmy G. The QB is what makes the wheels turn.

2 Likes

Yeah man. Im not sitting here asking for the Lions to spend a high first on RB, but i dont think top of the second round on runningback is a waste of resources or a stretch. We’ve never seen a Stafford run offense with a top ten running game. I’m dying to see what that looks like.

I don’t hate KJ, but he isn’t a star at his position and doesn’t appear to be a bell cow type back. Now, him as the second best back on the team would be intriguing, I think he would be great as part of a group.

2 Likes

I think they go QB before RB, even though they have a top 5 all time QB. Maybe Love. They seem to be proatcive with the most position in football, unlike other teams…

I could almost go as far as us taking Taylor in the 2nd round, but only if we landed Young in the first.

I also think we could use K.J. a bit like Tevin Coleman was at times used while on the Falcons. Spread him out and have Dobbins or whoever play the Devonta Freeman role. K.J. doesn’t have Tevin’s long speed but I do think he’d be capable of executing a fairly expansive route tree.

1 Like

Yeah, I like that idea. You can sucker a team out of nickel by running Hock and 2 RBs, then pre-snap split Hock off the line and motion KJ into the opposite slot and go 4 wide against base defense.

I’m not quite as high on Dobbins as some, but I do think what he does might be a good fit with the Lions. He’d be good on inside zone runs.

Dobbins is a Beast …Love every aspect of his game . The complete package . I have zero doubt, this kid will be a special RB . Not a player in this Draft I want more then Dobbins .

1 Like

Barry was a once in a lifetime player

2 Likes

2nd round picks don’t make much more than league minimum. I see Dobbins as a full time player and arguably the best RB in the class. He’s ready to step in and upgrade our backfield on day one.

1 Like

If we do draft him I’m nominating the nickname “teapot” with him being all short and stout.

1 Like

com on now. Chase Young in the 1st then Dobbins in the second is my dream start to the draft.

2 Likes

Yeah. I thought that was pretty strange myself. RBs get like 9 carries in today’s NFL. Everyone feels the need to run 4 different RBs every game. I am not chucking a top pick on any RB, unless he’s twice as good as McCaffrey.

If we do draft Dobbins, and he shows out, do you not think he will get more than 9 carries? I do think he will. He will be in on more passing downs as well. In saying this, he will be more utilized all together. Dobbins is not my pick of the 3 top backs, but I sure wouldn’t whin if we did land him.

Wanting Dobbins more then any other player does not mean I want him at #3 …I can live with many talents at #3… Young, Okudah , Brown …It’s all good I want Dobbins if on the board at #35 or trading back in if necessary.

I don’t know what team some of you have been watching but RB’s don’t come a dime a dozen and has been one of our biggest weaknesses. We are a 3 win team we have holes all over the roster. May as well draft a QB at 3 and rebuild if we aren’t serious about investing in the run game.

A lot more goes into the running game other then the actual back. Good O-line and our backs would be more then serviceable. Problem is we can never seem to get the scheme and personnel correct on the line.

That argument gets used every year yet we are usually toward the bottom of the league in rushing. We have KJ who has been injured although college and his 2 years in the league. Then what do we have? We have the worst RB stable in the league.