Lions vs. Packers Game Day Thread

This forum needs a really futile and stupid gesture on somebody’s part.

6 Likes

C’mon Patricia for once, put together a complete game and win!!!

2 Likes

Could care less about W or L at this point. Excited to see Okudah’s debut though.

Calling my shot: Kerryon has the best game of all our RB’s.

1 Like

From NFL.com:

Green Bay Packers 35, Detroit Lions 21

1 p.m. ET (FOX) | Lambeau Field (Green Bay, Wis.)

Blowing a 17-point fourth-quarter lead to Mitchell Trubisky is a rather dark timeline to begin a make-or-break season for Lions coach Matt Patricia. Heading to Lambeau Field with a banged-up secondary to face Aaron Rodgers coming off one of his best games in years is even darker. Patricia doesn’t have the personnel to generate pressure consistently, so he usually tries to outsmart opposing quarterbacks with coverages, to limited effect. That strategy isn’t going to work with shaky backup cornerbacks, even with No. 3 overall pick Jeff Okudah likely to make his debut after missing Week 1 with a hamstring injury following a rocky training camp. To top it off, Detroit’s offense doesn’t look like it will be ready to hang in a shootout until Kenny Golladay, who is dealing with a hamstring injury of his own, is right. This is the darkest timeline.

Julian okwara a healthy inactive. This coaching staff is not preparing young players quick enough. And the whole league is dealing with soft tissue injuries… but we take it to a whole other level…

I find it strange we fired our head trainer this year… then hired his assistant.

Didn’t we know about Nick Williams not playing, or did I just forget?

This is always a big game in my household, no matter the record… my wife is a huge green bay fan and me of course lions. I need a win lions lol.

1 Like

Don’t really have high hopes today…

GB looked like the best offense in football. We looked like same problematic lions. We have both cbs out. 2 ol out. This should be an EASY 42-13 GB win … which is why we win 31-28 at the horn

31-20 green bay. Sure want this win though. Hate Green Bay.

I’m gonna say we keep it close with a big game on offense. We lose a shootout 38-31.

Inactives:

Lions: WR Kenny Golladay, CB Desmond Trufant, TE Hunter Bryant, T Halapoulivaati Vaitai, DT Nick Williams, CB Chris Jones, DE Julian Okwara

Packers: DT Kenny Clark, G Lane Taylor, LB Randy Ramsey, QB Jordan Love, CB Parry Nickerson, TE Josiah Deguara

I think Cephus has a big game

Are Nick Williams and J. Okwara healthy scratches? Jeebus.