**Lions vs Vikings Official rant...err Game Thread**

Pepper your angus

Goff looking at the injury report like
Excuse Me What GIF

5 Likes

Up and at ‘em early on a Sunday morning eh @wesleysh21?

4 Likes

puddy-david

2 Likes

This gif is ironic because I raced to the gate in Charlotte to take an earlier flight back to Virginia. I’m the last one at the gate but she granted me the change and told me to board immediately. I was all by myself on the plane for like 5 minutes before other passengers started boarding.

2 Likes

Is that what the kids are calling what Urban Meyer was doing last weekend now?

1 Like

Cousins is going to pick us apart.
Lion’s 20 Minnesota 37

Goff leads the league in QB fumbles with 5…
Clapping Applause GIF by Mailchimp

4 Likes

Goff is going to die today behind that makeshift O line.

Vikings always play at the level of their competition.

We lead at half and lose by 4.

1 Like

I wonder how we are going to piss this game away.

As much as I am a fan and watch every week to get my heart ripped out today is gonna be ugly. The lions are decimated with injuries. Sucks because I was hoping to see how these guys develop with the new staff and schemes. Losing Okudah and Okwara to decimated season ending injuries. Then ragnow, Decker, hockenson, sewell…its gutwrenching. Like Goff said in his interview about the gut punches…he’s never been here and has no idea. Welcome to the D baby. We just continue to roll with it as best we can

Yes

Longest win streak is 13 of the Vikings (68-74), we have a few more years before the record is compromised.
After all, the biggest win is our 45-7, and that’s the only thing that matters.
I am always optimistic and expect some surprise and victory, but not to be very unrealistic 24-17 for the Vikings.

Dalvin Cook is out today

1 Like

Even without win streaks there have been some strong runs of dominance. I remember at one point around the Millen era the Vikings won 15 out of 17 games. Even when they suckeed they owned us.

I don’t plan to start ranting until the 2nd quarter, at the earliest.

1 Like

In Goff’s first year at Cal, he had the worst OL, and defense in college football (something like 122 out of 138 eligible college teams).

He still set passing records above Aaron Rodgers and Kyle Boller in their frosh seasons at Cal.

Goff has played without a decent OL for about half of his football career. He’s very capable of going shotgun, 5 wide and spreading it out. That is part of why he is comfortable with short quick passes hoping for the WR YAC.

People complain about his short passing, but he learned early to get rid of the ball in under 2 seconds when he has to.

2 Likes

The Lions will lose convincingly. But Goff should get his usual 250 or so yards. My main worry is that he will get hit often and injure his hand like last year. Without a decent backup QB, that will totally ruin any chance for a win down the road.

1 Like

Who else forgot the Jets and the Falcons played this morning?

3 Likes

I’m starting Mattison in every league and Kirk Cousins in a few. DFS lineups stacked with Viqueens. They should be in line for MONSTER games.

I fully expect the Lions to destroy Minnesota based on their history of letting me down.

1 Like