List your biggest FOMO player

FOMO of course is fear of missing out. We all want certain players and don’t want other players. And just because someone is your FOMO player doesn’t mean you HAVE to take him.

Each prospect is given comps and we all have our own opinions about how good they could be or what it would mean to the team if the guy really was that good. So which guy are you going to be kicking yourself the hardest and feel the worst about missing out on if we don’t take him and he becomes the best version of what he was projected to be?

For me it’s Devante Smith. If he becomes this unholy Marvin Harrison, Jerry Rice, Randy Moss type weapon I am going to feel like crap if we didn’t draft him. That’s even if Sewell becomes Ogden, Fields becomes Mahomes and Parsons becomes Brian Urlacher.

What is yours?

Lance, Sewell, Parsons

Sewell for me if he makes it to our pick and we choose someone else(minus trading down)

2 Likes

Seems WRs these days don’t have that kind of game changing presence. CJ didn’t do much for us. Even in our playoff year when he was in his prime, it was the defense that brought us there.

OBJ was a rock star after he was drafted and the Giants had a pretty miserable record overall the five years he was there only sniffing the playoffs once with a wild card loss

I’d much rather invest in trenches and defense than another shiny new toy. I’ll take Slater or Sewell as a pro bowler, or even Parsons rather than a WR

2 Likes

Parsons

I think he instantly makes our defense better and look much different. I think he gives us the most help right now.

Followed very closely by Sewell, I’m hoping we stay at 7 and pick one of those two guys. I’m pretty sure one or the other will be there. Sewell would solidify our o-line for the next 4 years (Decker, Jackson, extend Ragnow and Sewell). That is a legit group right there.

4 Likes

Not a soul.

We could trade out of the top 15 and that’d be perfectly fine with me.

3 Likes

I really want us to go WR round 1. I will have FOMO for all 3 if we pass. I really like Slater too though. Those are the 4 I’m really hoping for.

Chase and Slater would be my two biggest FOMOs

I was all aboard getting one of the big 3 receivers. But then you look at how talented the wide receiver pool is compared to linebacker. That to me makes Parsons my guy at 7. Parsons looks REALLY good and he is still learning the position. I personally like him better than Devin White coming out of the draft.

But I would totally be on board with one of those OT’s too. Solidify that o-line and protect Goff.

1 Like

I feel like some of you aren’t getting the nuance to the question. Linebusy did though when he said noone. This isn’t about using your head and about what you think we should do. This is 5 years from now a prospect becomes a star, and you are kicking yourself about it.

OBJ was brought up. Noone here really feels any type of way on a visceral level about passing on him, other than a general statement of “yeah, that would have been a better pick than the guy we took.” However, Aaron Donald gives off a very visceral reaction.

Another example. I wouldn’t blink an eye if we didn’t get Pitts and he became a star. But some of you are going to lose your collective chit.

The only player that puts me in that head space is Smith. I realize QB is more important so if Fields becomes Mahomes, it’s going to kind of suck. But judging by my feelings pre-draft, it won’t be as big of a gut punch as Smith. It’s an emotional thing, not necessarily logical.

Smith and Fields

I’m in the same boat: Micah Parson is my FOMO player

• This kid was a 5 star prospect coming out of High School, top 10 overall in most prospect rankings.

• Freshman All-American at Penn St. (2018)

• Consensus All-American (2019)

• Big 10 linebacker of the year (2019)

• Butkus award finalist (2019), lost to Isiah Simmons

Micah Parson’s has dominated every time he stepped on to the field. He will be the Luke Kuechly/Patrick Willis of this defense for many years. I do not see his dominant performances falling off once he enters the NFL.

He’s the perfect fit for Dan Campbell and this Detroit Lions team. Parson’s would give this team an identity…a nasty, play-making Linebacker that Offense’s have to account for on every snap.

I would not be disappointed with Sewell, Pitts, or one of the Alabama WR’s, but I FOMO on a player like Micah Parson’s.

3 Likes

I agree with all of that. Plus he will have Jamie Collins and Michael Brockers to make sure he learns how to be a good pro.

Let me start by saying I hope we DO NOT draft him @7 if he’s still on the board. But my FOMO is Mac Jones.
His lightning quick decisions, slippery in the pocket and accuracy remind me of Montana. If we miss out, I hope I’m wrong! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Justin Fields if he’s there

People who know me well say that I don’t know the meaning of fear. Which is not surprising because I don’t know the meaning of many words…

1 Like

I’ve wanted Trevor Lawrence as our QB for a very long time. I know there is no chance we get him so I’m going to say my biggest FOMO player is Justin Fields and only because after following them both Fields has outperformed TLaw at basically every level and I think there is a legit chance we could get him. What would it honestly take for the Lions to trade up to be able to draft TLaw? Five 1st round picks wouldn’t do it. To think there is a comparable prospect available and we pass is crazy to me and I don’t want to draft a QB lol.

1 Like

Yep Parsons is my guy. He is a very good linebacker prospect, IMO he is more polished than White or Bush and is the top defensive player. Again, IMO. I think he has a chance at being a Ray Lewis type player that teams don’t want to face week in and week out. It would instantly improve our defense from day 1. He can play in the middle, he can play on.the outside, he can drop down and rush the passer from the defensive end position. 6’3 246 running a 4.4

YES PLEASE

2 Likes

If we could trade down and still land Parsons, that would be a huge win. And then add the best WR still on the board @ 41. Parsons at 7 would be a reach IMO.

1 Like

At my age I’m more of a JOMO guy myself (joy of missing out), but if there’s one guy I think we’ll regret not taking down the road, it’s JOK.

2 Likes

FOMO is what I used to do when I overdosed on Mescaline and speed!

2 Likes