Love the win but

Interesting. Tankathon had us taking Thibodeaux and Hutch going second up until just now

I logged on expecting to see them mocking Hutch to the Lions at two but they have the Jags taking Hutch and us still taking Thibs

Screw that. We dominated them.

4 Likes

Cardinals are a finesse team. We punched them in the mouth. They couldn’t take the punch.

5 Likes

They fucking couldn’t score tds against a beat up defense. To my mind they did.

Yup - it would leave you, me, other fans, and - most important - the players/coaches/organization jazzed to work hard, pick up more talent, and come back next year ready (hopefully) to make some genuine waves.

If the year can end with the Lions on a real upswing in all three phases, w/Campbell having proven his ability to lead this team even thru some incredibly dismal results, while retaining the promise of an influx of talent… nice.

1 Like

I think Tankathon updates the order immediately as wins and losses occur on game day, and the mocking gets updated at some point afterward. So we could see that mocking change in the next couple days.

And a legitimate kicker. :tada:

And next year we get NFC and AFC East plus Carolina and Seattle. Much better schedule.

3 Likes

Don’t really care for a couple of reasons. There is no generational, must have, prospect who stands out above the rest and I’m loving that this team competes every week despite being woefully undermanned. We’ve seen a lot of bad Lions teams over the years but I don’t remember a Lions team with such little or unproven talent that plays as hard as this one does every week and consistently competes against much more talented/proven rosters. A real testament to this coaching staff that they didn’t lose the players through all the losses.

To actually break through and get a win, especially in such dominant fashion, against an elite team is big for their confidence going forward as most of this team is young and needs to learn how to win so I do believe this could have some carry over effect going into the offseason and beyond. I said this even before this win that I’m enjoying this season more than I thought I would bcause of the compete level of these guys and that the Fire Holmes and Campbell rhetoric was woefully misguided because they’re slowly changing the culture here.

As far as the draft is concerned, I love Hutch and all but any of Hutch, Thibs or Hamilton would be game changers for this defense. I also think that Hutch is FAR from a lock to be taken 1st so there’s a very real chance that he drops to the Lions anyway.
Long story short, keep winning games.

3 Likes

I’d love to see it and that would also have me encouraged.

1 Like

I think we’d likely need GB to have nothing to play for but ATL and Seattle are beatable.

1 Like

I’ve been hard on the coaching staff lately. Really enjoyed this one. Kudos to the staff for a great game plan.

2 Likes

Much more to come. Also, we will get much better at punching in the mouth. Right now, we’re just a yellow belt with heart. Wait until we have black belt personnel.

2 Likes

I’ve seen this movie far too often, as have many on here. Don’t buy the carry over into next year . Players motivated to retain their jobs, or put out good tape for their next interviews. This roster is comprised of many USFL players, and not just brought up the last few week due to Covid… Talent overcomes emotion over the long haul. Honolulu Blue colored glasses.

DO buy into the carry-over. This is the first time Dan Campbell has coached here.

History has nothing to do with this. Different animal. Different attack plan. Different watering hole. Different everything. The Apex predator has entered the outskirts of the ecosystem called the NFC North. Dan Campbell’s teams are about to start devouring everyhgint that steps on it’s turf.

6 Likes

All legit points, Dan looks to be establishing an actual culture, love it, but ultimately SOL is still alive and isnt dead until we see it die…let’s win the division and/or playoff game by 2023 and I’ll be convinced.

4 Likes

Most of these players will be here next season. It’s mostly young guys making impacts. That’s why I believe there could be some carry over if they finish strong.

2 Likes

It dies before you see it with your eyes. The old culture is a wilting plant. Some will try to fertilize it, feed it, keep it as it was, as it is part of an old way of being…too late! New sheriff in town. That shit is gone, even though it may not quite look like it yet.

1 Like

I still think the question remains how often can we get this Goff’s. Can we get it in ten or 11 games. If so we might have something.

The lions had more high picks the last 30 years thsn anyone, wgaf. If the GM does a good job at evaluating talent it doesnt matter

3 Likes