LT Taylor Decker 0 pressures last 2 games

kyle meinke

@kmeinke

1h

Fun nugget from the mailbag: Taylor Decker has pass blocked 64 times the last two weeks. He’s allowed 0 pressures.

8 Likes

Well done Decker!! You got Von Miller this week!

8 Likes

Decker at worse is an average Backus. The two are very similiar in talent and fan definition.

1 Like

IMO, Decker is better than Backus ever was.

12 Likes

Point taken, Backus was a ten year starter. That was more my angle.

1 Like

For us old timers here, am I the only one surprised at how few penalties get thrown at the O-Line?

8 Likes

That’s what happens when you draft lineman that are actually really talented.

3 Likes

Not a super old timer but in my 20-30 years of watching the lions I’ve never seen so few holding/false start penalties

4 Likes

Going forward to Thursday, don’t really anticipate this to be an issue, after three straight wins. Maybe a little “respect” may be in order. I know, odd thought from these parts…

2 Likes

Decker is the one guy on this team I’ll never understand why he gets so little love from the fans. Sure you would like to see him be a top three left tackle, but in my eyes he is a top 10 player at his respective position on one of the most important positions in the NFL.

12 Likes

Dead Sexy.

Yup - not close.

3 Likes

Very odd… but welcomed!

1 Like

We tell them before the game that we are going to hold. They just don’t like it when people surprise them with it.

state form GIF

2 Likes

You know where I think that might come from, is his rookie year I remember he was knocking guys over. He looked like he was going to just be a mauler.

Injuries happened, he hasn’t had any highlight knock outs, or at least not as much that’s been publicized, and he just gets overlooked.

Great LTs are sometimes like great cover CBs I think. They get respect but no one talks about them because no flash plays.

2 Likes

That illegal block call on Sewell last week brought me back!!!

1 Like

He’s very good, when he was out last year, we lost every single game, all 9 of them. Then he came back, Sewell to right tackle and the offense was light years better. The best was the posters that wanted to trade Decker when we drafted Sewell, so many threads about that.

If Decker was on the Packers or the Rams, he’d be considered one of the best tackles in the nfl and everyone would know his name around the league. Instead the poor bastard has played 8 years with the Lions, credit to him for not giving up! Guys like him deserve a playoff win or 2.

5 Likes

Oh man, anybody who compares Backus to Decker either forgets how overrated Backus was or underrated Decker is. Decker has consistently been a top 10 LT. Not elite but consistently above average. Backus was average in a good year.

I know that @BitterSyd clarified his stance. I just wanted to get my word in on the subject. I feel like Decker is a bit underappreciated by the fanbase.

3 Likes

Yeesh!

1 Like

Decker has really stepped up. Love our line!

2 Likes

One Million Percent……

I’m sure playing LT in the nfl is a nigh on impossible task that only freaks of nature can do. All the props to Backus for his amazing career.

BUT…… he was never great. He had ten years of average production, maybe, depending on the year.

He was always there though! Always there….-just being average

3 Likes