Magic Beans

We’ve established many first rounders bust, and I pointed out certain positions bust far less! Many have stated certain positions hold lesser value, and therefore aren’t worthy of round one selections.

A big part of success rate is whether a team is drafting a guy to do what he’s proven to be great at, not what he “might be able to do!” Henry Ruggs was a stud deep threat on a team with Jeudy, Waddle, and Devonta demanding coverage. In the NFL the DBs are bigger and faster, and the Raiders didn’t have 3 other first round picks demanding attention? Poor draft choice.

Clelin Ferrell had high effort cleanup sacks at Clemson. A lot of that had to do with Wilkins and Lawrence collapsing the pocket and creating cleanup sacks. He sucked in the 40 and drills and went high despite average DT play and again, superio NFL athletes.

So which guys in the draft are Elite Athletes for their positions, with ideal size, and who had top production against high level competitor?

J Chase has good size, elite athleticism with a 9.9 RAS- good for 27th out of 2,480 wrs since 1987! Top tier production in SEC!!!

Sewell- elite size, athleticism and film

M Parsons- elite size, production and athleticism

Surtain- elite size, production and speed
Horn- same.

Barmore- 6’4” 310 and quick. 9.67 RAS score has him as #43 DT out of last 1300. Add in the ideal size and pass rush production and run stopping film in SEC and I think he’s the most underrated prospect in draft. What a high ceiling opportunity to line up next to Brockers

Trade down to #10 and get Gallup

1. Draft Parsons
  2. Trade up into 20s and draft Barmore (41 and 3rd)
  3. RG
  4. Darden
1 Like

So our WR core is TW, Perriman, Darden, Raymond and Cephus?

OMG please no

1 Like

Nope.

I’d trade down to Denver for a QB and score a 2nd… I’d then trade a 2nd/3rd to Dallas for Gallup

Ok. Pull that off and I’m fine with it. I’d prefer we go RT than RG. Vaitai seems more likely to “thrive” inside.

Let’s just have a “process” type rebuild where we trade every single asset we have for picks, tabk for 3 years, and build the most talented roster in the NBA.

1 Like

Sam Hinkie, is that you?

1 Like

So in this scenario… Dallas would be giving the Lions Gallup to move up 1 place… when Dallas… and the next 5 teams picking after them… do NOT have TE as 1 of their top needs?

I don’t see it.

I think the whole Jerruh fascination with Pitts is the typical smokescreen. They have only 1 decent DL starter and are switching to a defensive scheme that depends on a really good front 4 to get pressure.
They need CB and OL help as well.

Yep

No

Dallas had an elite OL… now there are retirements, injuries, age and inflating contracts.

Dallas is already projected at 222M in used space in 2022…

I would venture to guess Dallas would trade Gallup and #10to move up to #7. Secure a spot to take Sewell or Slater… Gallup is gone next year as a free agent anyway. They have no chance to pay him 12-13M per with Amani and Lamb already in place, Dak and Zeke, they need an OL again to make it all work.

So they get Sewell and we get #10 and Gallup.

OR

WE TRADE WITH DENVER AND GET #9 AND 2nd, Broncos get #7 for their QB-

We then offer Dallas 3rd and #9 for Gallup and #10

I like Gallup. The problem with Gallup is, he is just like the other two “decent” WRs on our roster. Granted he’s a better version probably, but he is super redundant. I would just take the pick(s) from Dallas instead. Gallup will be kind of expensive for a #2 if he has a solid year at all.

I see… I didn’t read the trade you proposed correctly the 1st time.

However… Gallup only counts $2.6 million on the 2021 cap. Since Jerruh is really pushing to win now due to his age… I don’t think he would trade Gallup for a 3rd rounder. If Cowboys let him walk… they could get a decent comp pick back a year later, so it is really in their best interest to make use of his last cheap year.

Also… I sure hope the Lions wouldn’t trade a 2nd round pick to get him. I don’t see the upside with him to trade a high pick and then pay him 2nd contract money.

1 Like

Christian Barmore RAS 8.22 I think best DT is Levi Onwuzurike an his RAS is 8.75 If you just use that.

Bobby Brown had the 9.67 RAS

Wow, that site has the top tackle with a late 2nd round grade, and the next guy with a 3rd round grade! Bad year for DT’s, eh?

Allegedly, the Broncos only offered No. 9 for Stafford AND the Lions 2d Rd pick at No. 41.

What makes you think George Paton would give up No. 40 (worth 500 pts on the old JJ chart) and No. 9 (worth 1350 pts), for what may be the 5th best QB?

They could easily wait and draft Kellen Mond to give Drew Lock some competition.

1 Like

They didn’t commit two years and $50+ million to Goff to have him throwing to the Cold Tub Club of Perriman and Williams.

1 Like

.Maybe this year they can switch to the…

hot tub nbc GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Good call, yote.

1 Like

Sadly… maybe we did