Malik Willis character is elite

Why am I not surprised that this is your take. :joy:

And yes.

3 Likes

Did Goff not LEAD a team to 3 Playoff victories and a Super Bowl appearance?

Not taking credit away from Malik Willis…but man, we need to GIVE some credit where it is due. Goff has proven he can lead an NFL team. Willis hasn’t even stepped into an NFL huddle yet…

1 Like

Being the qb of a championship level team and leading are two different things in some cases. Again, it’s really @BigNatty point. Again, I like Goff and he seems like a good dude. I’m not talking about football and talking about intangibles.

4 Likes

I was just expecting something more I guess with a title like “Malik Willis character is elite”. Figured he was helping some old lady back up that had fallen or giving the guy some food or donated 100k or whatever.
This act of kindness should catapult Willis from the 3rd round to the first QB taken, right?!? LOL

Like these?

No, but it’s part of a bigger picture. I said his character is elite. Didn’t say he should be the number 2 pick. I look at stuff like this…if when a guy runs out of bounds and hits a bystander, does he stop and check on them or does he ignore them……the little things matter. If he is the number 2 pick I’ll get behind it and he will be easy to cheer for.

1 Like

Look back through this thread and find one person with this take. Just one. Please.

You’re taking an act of kindness by Malik and twisting it to push your narratives. It’s pretty obvious.

2 Likes

Not necessarily, I said he was a good dude, I am aware of his charities. I like Goff. Doesn’t mean he is necessarily a leader who can motivate and get the most out of his teammates.

…but our defense isn’t.

1 Like

But a guy that hands out free t-shirts to the homeless can?
Somehow your story is changing from character to leadership, it’s not the same thing.

Settle down, Malik being a 3rd round pick was something that QBhater said his scout buddies told him.

Two different points in the same thread. The original point of the thread was just something about the kid’s character. Goff has similar traits….SECOND point is coming off a convo with my close friend @BigNatty where he brought up the point about true leadership in a convo he and I were having. So where Malik and Goff might be similar in some qualities of their character there might be other intangibles that one possesses and the other might not.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

Do we have examples or anything that Malik is a great leader?

1 Like

@BigNatty is better at this then me……

1 Like

Was he he a bad pick… or just drafted by a bad team?

After leaving Detroit… Ruben ran for 1200+ yards in a season for his next 2 teams.

1 Like

It’s not that, it’s his energy/faith. it’s his way of being that I trust. He will influence the locker room with his “elite character,” which I also believe, but it is much more than that. I work with people on shifting mindset/heartset all day. Just got off a call. The openness to learning ratio is a MASSIVE thing. People who are stuck in a story will always try to be right and have something to prove.

People that are not open, won’t learn…Ever.

You have to care to understand, in order to understand…right now, you don’t care to understand…you’re just trying to push people’s buttons. It’s not honest communication. No part of you believes that giving to homeless impacts draft status, etc.

I have no attachment to any sort of responses, learning, or anything. I will sometimes take a shot at helping someone see.

Learning to read this sort of stuff is really cool though. Helps with ALL relationships in your life…wife, kids, neighbors, parents, co-workers. It’s really cool, man. It WILL change your life if you can get good at it.

Telling homeless jokes to push someone’s buttons can be moderately amusing, but it will never make you feel as fulfilled as connecting deeply with amazing humans.

The dude you are poking at is a quality MF’n dude. You’re depriving yourself of some awesomeness in your life by choosing not to connect with him.

Sending love to you both.

3 Likes

You can posses high character without being a leader, but you can’t posses leadership energy without having high character. They are not one in the same, but It damn sure helps, as they amplify each other.

1 Like

Let me start by saying it’s a damn shame that I am this cynical. And I realize it.

But while my Bullshit Meter needle isn’t pegging with this, it has moved off of zero.

The person who tweeted this, who just happened to be perfectly positioned to witness it through a restaurant window, let’s check his profile. Ryan Lacey - “Sports Marketing and Brand Building.”

Hmmm…

Let’s go to LinkedIn re: Mr. Lacey:

“When you truly know your consumer you give yourself the opportunity to create ideas that win over hearts and minds, which turns your average consumer into your loyal brand advocate.”

Hmmm…

Then I look at the video again … what exactly is Willis doing with/for that apparently homeless guy? He seems to be doing the same thing over and over – and I can’t tell what it is. It’s the kind of thing that someone who wants an action to be seen might do.

Feel free to attack the Debbie Downer questioning the perfect purity of this moment. I hope you’re right.

2 Likes

That is some next-level investigative cynicism there. I’m impressed.

“There is no greater cynic than a jaded former optimist.” - Dr. Love

3 Likes

For the love of God, stafford is gone, you think your mood would improve just a little.

3 Likes