Malik Willis visiting tomorrow

USA Today’s Jeff Risdon reports Liberty QB Malik Willis will meet with the Detroit Lions for a pre-draft visit on Tuesday.

Prior to Willis (6’1/215) being scheduled to meet with the Lions, Detroit’s only other scheduled visit for a QB was with Pitt’s Kenny Pickett on Wednesday. Currently holding the No. 2 and No. 32 pick in this year’s draft, Detroit will have multiple opportunities to land a first round QB if they wish to do so. Detroit should already be very familiar with Willis, after coaching him during the Senior Bowl in February. Whether or not the Lions will take a QB at No. 2 has been heavily speculated this offseason, although Willis is considered the favorite at the position.

Let the speculation continue. I know my bald Brother @BigNatty will love this.

3 Likes

I still prefer Strong and Zappe given the investment over the purported first-round talents. Zappe reminds me of Drew Brees, and I wonder if Campbell sees that.

1 Like

I really really like Zappe. I wouldn’t be upset a bit if we took him at 32, although I think he will be available later then that.

It will be interesting to see how long Zappe last (what round). Would like to see the Lions pick him up in a late round

I have Detroit nabbing him at No. 97 overall in the draft prediction thread.

1 Like

I was going to guess the 3rd but even at 32 I wouldn’t be mad.

Zappe at 32?

Yup - So we’re gonna pick Willis @2, then
DE
WR
DT
not necessarily in that order
Outside of DT and WR, Brad will pick a bunch of dudes I don’t know, but will be pleasantly surprised with. We’re building for that 2024 SB run! Love it!

This year → 10 wins.
Next year → 10 or so, (tougher schedule, as well as a new QB starting).
Year after → Look out, Buffalo…Here come the Detroit MF’n Lions! :wink:

2 Likes

Lions fans, “first round picks should be day one starters.”
Also Lions fans, “take a guy that will hold the clipboard for a minimum of 2 years in the first round.”
Again, why would you want to draft Boyles replacement in the first round? None of these guys would have graded higher than Goff did, coming out in the same class.
If Goff were available in THIS draft, every single one of you would be drooling over him and thanking our lucky stars that the Jags already have their QB.
We would jump with both feet at #2oa.

2 Likes

I just like him. I am not saying it will happen.

I like him too but more in a Case Keenum sort of way.

2 Likes

Who is the BSU QB we used to have thats now coaching in Dallas? Thats who Zappe reminds me of.

We’d be drooling over a guy who was ranked in the bottom third of the NFL the last 3 years?

4 Likes

Not all of us are saying that.

I’d project one, but yes.

You wouldn’t …but you would draft the future SB MVP in round one.

I didn’t pay attention to him when he was in college, or even in his draft, so I can’t answer that question honestly.

Ignore the noise…go with your gut…draft Willis. :wink:
Just my take, bro.

1 Like

Goff went #1oa in 2016, for a reason.
It would be tough projecting any of these guys in the top 10.
They say it’s possible we won’t see a QB move in the first round.
If this is all you knew, Goff would be the clear leader.

#2 - Carson Wentz
#3 - Joey Bosa
#4 - Ezekiel Elliott
#5 - Jalen Ramsey
#6 - Ronnie Stanley
#7 - DeForest Buckner

But yep, he went there for a reason.

2 Likes

How many of them have 3 playoff wins and took their team to the Super Bowl?

Jalen Ramsey, and he won one too.

In fact, Ramsey has 6 playoff wins if I’m not mistaken.

So, you honestly think of of the QB’s in this draft class is going to be better than Goff?
I see 5 or 6 career backups.
I’ve never seen a team whose fans want to see them shoot themselves in the foot like Lions fans.
I think we’re addicted to bitching about mediocrity.

2 Likes

confused will ferrell GIF