Malik Willis visiting tomorrow

You dont have the sort of influence over me or my emotions…all it means is your emotions run you. This board is a shit show, when people come in here like an angry toddler every time someone disagrees with them. I dont want to come in here, watch you piss your own pants, cry because you have pissy pants, and draw dudes into the drama triangle every day.

“Lions fans are dumb” is pretty much directed toward everyone here, and it’s bait to draw people into your drama triangle, so you can meet yoru need for significance. Textbook childish, emotion-driven comment.

It doesn’t impact my feelings, but I can see the flaming you are attempting to do, and rather than engage you…I’ll speak to the real truth, which is the emotional need you are trying to meet.

If you want some attention, just ask for a hug…I’ll be happy to give you one.

I could go much deeper, but I can sense you are not in the space to hear it. Please consider my words, look up drama triangle. Look up dismissive avoidant. Reach out ot my inbox if you want to experience more peace in your life.

I am aware that many people are not willing to take a look at it.
I am aware that it takes strength to challenge your own ego.
I am not trying to “save everybody.” Only you can release you from your pain.

I won’t sit back and watch you project it without pointing it out.
Internet bully is just a silly way for an adult to go.
Let that shit go, man.
you are not superior to anyone here.

9 Likes

I think drafting Willis 2OA guarantees us a top 10 pick in 2023.

And I absolutely love it because the edge rusher I really want Will Anderson trumps all these dudes coming out this year easily!

2 Likes

If we pick Willis, and he sits, I could see us winning 8 games instead of 10, but I truthfully think we finish outside top 10, no matter who we pick at 2.

Gonna be so interesting to see this thing unfold.

1 Like

Regardless if we’re close enough to probably trade up to pick 3 because of next years QB’S we might be in striking distance for Anderson.

I like the idea of Willis / Anderson better than Stroud or Young and any of this years DE’S

1 Like

In fact if we dont get Willis this year id rather get the knucklehead from the Gators Anthony Richardson over Stroud and Young.

2 Likes

This is coming from a person who was certain that A-Rob would pick the Lions….

And …. this BRILLIANT prediction that Nakobe Dean would be in play for the #2 OA pick……

2 Likes

Willis could be Michael Vick or Major Harris. I’d rather not take the chance at No 2 overall with the glaring needs on defense and the 2023 QB class projecting to be considerably better.

1 Like

If we picked top 5 the next two years and drafted a QB for three straight years until a QB finally hit, we would be in better shape then drafting three studs at different positions. QBs are just that important. You draft the next elite QB and your team is set up to be an annual contender for the next 15 years.

Not advocating we would do that because you have to give whoever you pick a chance to succeed just signifying the importance of the position. If the Lions believe he has a good chance to hit that upside you jump on it.

2 Likes

Is it because you realize that just calling all of us stupid for no reason was actually a bad idea?

The Lions had a top QB, the No. 1 overall pick, with an 0-3 record in the playoffs over 12 seasons. The only time the Lions were competitive was when the Lions had a top 5 defense in 2014.

Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results

Investing in the shiny new toy that the Lions won’t be able to use (and may not need), isn’t going to get them to the Super Bowl.

2 Likes

It’s interesting how some people will watch a player for awhile and discard them while another person watches the same player and covets them. I took Bailey Zappe off my board basically, he isn’t worth a draft pick in the first 5 rounds IMO.

2 Likes

Picking a QB at #2 and having a top defense are not mutually exclusive. Picking a QB at #2 frees up cap space in the medium term and also solves the QB question in the medium term. It means that there’s more resources over the next 2-3 years than you would have otherwise.

The best way to build the defense is to have a rookie on a QB contract and to avoid piling multiple picks into taking a QB next year or the year after. It’s really piling multiple picks into a QB that’s the bigger risk for me.

2 Likes

That I agree with. I just think the Lions should add premier pieces to the defense now (presently, unlike the offense which has an all Pro C Ragnow, one-time Pro Bowlers in Hockenson & Jackson, and future Pro Bowler Sewell, there isn’t a single player worthy of Pro Bowl status on defense. None.

Taking that QB in 2023, which portends to be better than the 2022 class, after the defense has been improved makes more sense to me.

2 Likes

Whatttt…I know none of that.

That is almost Lions front office level bad…

Amani Oruwariye :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

4 Likes

Drunk Beach GIF

1 Like

Goffs contract doesn’t magically vanish if we pick a QB. He’s signed through 2024. A 2OA qb who won’t play and will probably have at least two of the five seasons of rookie contract eaten on the bench actually gives us less overall resources to build the rest of the team for the next 2-3 years.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply.

Obviously enough, if the evaluation is that ‘at least 2 of the 5 seasons of a rookie contract’ is spent on the bench - he’s probably not worth the pick. But Brunell said after the Senior Bowl that he could coach one of the guys on his roster into a ProBowl candidate in that timeframe - so you and the Lions’ QB coach appear to differ in your evaluations.

Beyond that, I’m not sure how it gives us less resources unless you explain what your alternative plan would be.

Thank you for the reply.

Taking that QB in 2023, which portends to be better than the 2022 class, after the defense has been improved makes more sense to me.

Two quick questions …
1/ Assuming the class is better next year - how do you plan to get the guy you want?
2/ You can improve the defense in this year’s draft - but do you really think they’ll be one-player-away by the end of the '22-'23 season?

I think they want him here next year.
I think they would restructure and trade him the following (just guessing).
I don’t think the assumptions that “at least 2 years are gone” is even flirting with truth.
I think Goff would get traded AND bring a nice fetch of beans after one year.

1 Like